PDA

View Full Version : Uncle!!! I give up...Pro-Melt rebuild time.

Bagdadjoe
01-07-2016, 07:32 PM
My Pro-Melt that won't stop leaking is going home to the mother ship for a rebuild. I deep cleaned it a couple of months ago, took the rod out of it etc, worked *fair*, then wouldn't shut off tonight. I already am good on my aggravation quota ;-) ....so off she goes.
Anyone have the particulars on sending it in and current price? I sent a message...I think, but haven't heard back.
Thanks!

Pee Wee
01-07-2016, 08:25 PM
I sent mine back last year, don't know how old it is, about 16 or 17 years I'd have to guess. It was around $60.00 USPS to ship it to them and they completely rebuilt it and shipped it back To me at No charge. I called them first and got an RA#. I made the mistake of giving it a cleaning like you did with the same results so now I cast and fill it back up, then let it cool. It has worked flawlessly, and no drips.

Le Loup Solitaire
01-07-2016, 09:48 PM
Pro Melts like other RCBS stuff is covered by a solid guarantee that is well honored. If something is amiss let them know about it and they will make good/make it right. LLS

Bagdadjoe
01-10-2016, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the info! This one was used when I got it about 15 years ago. It's been a champ...just needs a breather before the next bout.