PDA

View Full Version : Bullet feeder collators?

AbitNutz
01-07-2016, 09:31 AM
I have a GSI bullet feeder and am really happy with the toolhead and the way it seats bullets. I'm less happy with the collator. I know some of you have successfully made your own collators but that skill is beyond me.

I'm thinking about trying to use one from Hornady or RCBS or someone...and use it with my GSI. The only thing the GSI requires is a tube dropping bullets into the top of it. It doesn't need any sort of mechanism to handle the bullets beyond that. It actually uses just a large metal spring that bullets slide through and stack up to be loaded.

I'm not even sure who all makes collators. I know Hornady and RCBS do...are there any others?

So my question is: Of the available bullet collators, which should I try out and which should I avoid. Any information you good folks could give me to make a good decision will be well appreciated.

Bonz
01-07-2016, 09:45 AM
My Hornady bullet collator works just fine, no issues

AbitNutz
01-07-2016, 10:02 AM
What calibers do you load in it? Do I have to buy different inserts/parts to change calibers?

Bonz
01-07-2016, 10:58 AM
my Hornady bullet collator will handle pistol bullets from .380 - .45 It comes with 3 steel spring tubes and plastic connectors. It does have an issue with .380 RNFP because they are so short; they sometimes turn around when entering the tube to the Hornady bullet feeder die.

jmorris
01-07-2016, 11:02 AM
The Hornady will make a lot more noise than a Mr bullet feeder collator.

These guys made a "kit" but Ricks lawyers have shut them down (he patented the design).
http://entirelycrimson.com/collator.html