PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Big Max A4 Question!!!

seagiant
01-06-2016, 11:56 PM
Hi,
I am in the process of buying a RCBS big max and was looking at pics on the Net.

I saw a pic of the shovel handle on this A4 and it has a small RCBS logo cast on the front of the handle???

Do all Big Max presses have this?

The pics I was sent on my press did not show the handle so I am wondering???

The shovel handle on my RCBS 4x4 Progressive does NOT have the logo?

M-Tecs
01-07-2016, 12:00 AM
Both of mine have it.

jmort
01-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Mine has it.

seagiant
01-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Hi,
Hummmmm......I might be wrong about my 4x4 also.

The other thing is maybe when people put the handle on they don't face the logo forward????

I think it's a pretty neat touch by RCBS!

jmort
01-07-2016, 12:14 AM
"The other thing is maybe when people put the handle on they don't face the logo forward????"

It looks Bass Ackwards. I bet it is there. It is a nice touch.

seagiant
01-07-2016, 12:19 AM
Hi,
Thanks!

From a manufacturing stand point it would be pretty strange for RCBS to redo their molds????

Just sayin!

Gunor
01-07-2016, 12:39 AM
Backside of mine or front side. Logo on the other side...

We need a club for Big Max owners (#062X)

seagiant
01-07-2016, 12:51 AM
Backside of mine or front side. Logo on the other side...

We need a club for Big Max owners (#062X)

Hi,'
Why don't you have the logo to the front?

seagiant
01-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Hi,
Here's another question?

How BAD is the auto shellholder?

Seems everyone wants the adapter to take the regular shellholders?

EDG
01-08-2016, 01:12 PM
When this press was first put on the market everyone wanted the auto shell holder. On ebay the auto shell holder brings a lot of money by itself.

My theory is for the everyday hand loader it might work ok. I have never used one.
I have never heard anyone with any experience say it was a bad shell holder but I was never interested in it and when I got my press the 3 fingered shell holder alone was going for about 1/3 what I paid for the press with the standard shell holder adapter.
My A4 came at a reduced price because it did not have it. I didn't really care because my press is intended for case forming and I am not sure the 3 fingers are good for pulling a greatly reformed case that has been formed out of a die.

Hi,
Here's another question?

How BAD is the auto shellholder?

Seems everyone wants the adapter to take the regular shellholders?

jmort
01-08-2016, 01:25 PM
I understand it works OK, but there are some cases, no surprise, that are less compatible or even incompatible, one being .45-70 ??? and some others. "Universal Shell Holder" seems like a non sequitur to me. I for sure want the old fashioned shell holder holder.