PDA

View Full Version : WTB: C-H Swag-O-Matic .30 Plinker Die Set

floodgate
04-20-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm looking for a .30 caliber Swag-O-Matic die set; this will be for a short half-jacket bullet of the "plinker" type. Base die will be marked ".308", with matching ejector stem; nose former of optional shape: SWC, HP or whatever, as I have others in this size. I'd also VERY MUCH like to find one of the double-ended "C" spanners used to mount these dies in the S-O-M press ram and top nose former holder. Here's a photo of one I missed on eBay a couple of months back that included a .308 set; spanner at bottom center, next to 2 ejector pins, base and nose dies; nose die holder above spanner . Thanks!

Floodgate

floodgate
05-17-2008, 05:00 PM
BTT: Still looking!

"I'm looking for a .30 caliber Swag-O-Matic die set; this will be for a short half-jacket bullet of the "plinker" type. Base die will be marked ".308", with matching ejector stem; nose former of optional shape: SWC, HP or whatever, as I have others in this size. I'd also VERY MUCH like to find one of the double-ended "C" spanners used to mount these dies in the S-O-M press ram and top nose former holder. Here's a photo of one I missed on eBay a couple of months back that included a .308 set; spanner at bottom center, next to 2 ejector pins, base and nose dies; nose die holder above spanner . Thanks!

Floodgate
Attached Thumbnails"

Pavogrande
05-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Are the Items 2nd and 4th from the left internaly threaded and fit the small end of the pin spanner ? I am trying to Id a box full of swaging items I have - At least I think they are swaging parts..

luober
05-18-2008, 08:00 AM
there is a 30 cal CH swage set on ebay now with about 14 hrs left to bid. the bid ammount as of this morning is $162 and I dont know how much you are willing to spend.

floodgate
05-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Pavogrande:

No, the second and fourth ones are unthreaded; they seat into the ram, small end up, and are held by a threaded sleeve (sorta like the sizing die retaining nut on a Lyman #450/4500) that takes the large end of the spanner. They have a tiny bleed hole in one side and form the body of the half-jacket bullet. The headed rods in the middle drop through them and serve to eject the bullet on the downstroke after swaging. The first and third ones fit your description; they are the nose punches and are held by the bolt through the large, threaded die above the spanner. If you can post photos of your parts, maybe one of us can give you a better ID.

luober:

Thanks, but Dave at C-H will make me a custom one for about $50 less than that.

floodgate

Pavogrande
05-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks FG - I am somewhat challeged in the photo department. I will try to overcome that problem later --