PDA

View Full Version : Attention n illinois residents

Bad Water Bill
01-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Here is a list of the "GRASS ROOTS MEETINGS" you should attend to see what is going on in Illinois and what you can do to help.

SRA Town Hall Meetings You would find items of interest in your area, with guest speakers, legislative updates, open discussion and more. While the initial roll-out of the meetings might be similar, expect the townhall group in your area to evolve to be more meaningful to the people in attendance.
Where can you find the nearest townhall meeting to attend?
The meeting locations are as follows:

South Suburbs:
Keystone Café
4028 147th St
Midlothian IL 60445
As of November 10th, 2015, these meetings will be held every 2nd Tuesday, starting at 7:00 pm.

Diez y Ocho Burger Lounge 2nd Fl

2000 W 18th St
Chicago IL 60608
As of November 11th, 2015, these meetings will be held every 2nd Wednesday at 7:00 pm.

Far West Suburbs:
Seven Dwarfs Family Restaurant
917 E Roosevelt Rd
Wheaton IL 60187
As of November 17th, 2015, these meetings will be held every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 pm.

North Suburbs:
Deerfield Italian Kitchen Restaurant
648 Deerfield Rd
Deerfield IL 60015
As of November 18th, 2015, these meetings will be held every 3rd Wednesday at 7:00 pm.

St. Rest Restaurant

727 E 87th St

Chicago IL 60619
As of November 19th, 2015 these meetings will be held every 3rd Thursday at 7:00 pm.

NorthWest Suburbs
Colonial Café

2555 Bunker Hill Dr
Algonquin IL 60102
As of December 8th, 2015 these meetings will be held every 2nd Tuesday, starting at 7:00 pm.
Coordinator: Gary Daugherty
ISRA Directors Represented: Craig Celia, Mike Weisman
Email: NWSuburbsTownhall@isra.org
There is no charge to attend. For more information, send email to townhall@isra.org.

Great way to see what WE really look and sound like.[smilie=w:[smilie=s:

nagantguy
01-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Very good resource, thank you for posting. I'm not an IL resident but live in the great Lakes state and I am politically active as I know you are BWB.

Wally
01-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Was listening to WLS radio yesterday--- Gov. Rauner was on the show and mentioned that Illinois had 100,000 residents move out in 2015... On Channel 11 WTTW watched a program with guests from the Better Government Association state that Illinois is the third most corrupt state with Chicago the most corrupt city in the nation. As Madigan has a stranglehold on the state seems to me that the only thing one can do is to leave the state.

tigweldit
01-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Right on Wally, I am also a resident of NE Illinois. I find it hard to believe Il is only the third most corrupt state. I'm sure one of our politicians just "misplaced" the true data of Il not being #1. But with our 7,000 layers of govt, it might be hard to pinpoint who it was. I'm sure they have another tax increase in the works so they can afford to get to the bottom of this error! Can't wait until this summer to move North of the cheddar curtain.

DeadWoodDan
01-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Ever wonder why all those meeting are close to that city...Just be happy we placed in the top three for something. It always amazes me when ever our state is brought up so is Chicago. Never enjoyed going there until I learned taking the train downtown is the most relaxing thing. I have acquired a few friends over the yrs that come to my "neck of the woods" to enjoy our passion. I always grin when they ask what did you shoot this week, knowing they don't have a freedom that I still enjoy.

Bad Water Bill
01-06-2016, 05:13 PM
There is also a meeting at "THE SILVER DOLLAR RESTAURANT" 422 E Mississippi Ave ELWOOD Il on the 3rd Wed of the month at 7=8 PM.

A great group of long time 2A warriors meet there every month.

The Chairman is Doug Mayhall 1st VP of the ISRA and a great guy.

For more meetings in and around our area check with the ISRA site.

YES there IS one IN the South side of the Windy corrupt city of Chiraq where you might be able to meet Rhonda Ezell.

472x1B/A
01-06-2016, 10:41 PM
Well, over here on the west side of the state, we have our Knox Co. Riflemen meeting the second Tues. of each month. It is held at the V.F.W. hall in Galesburg. A great time is had by all, mostly the 5 or 6 of us that show up. This month we are having a 1911 tear down and clean meeting ( every body brings their own ).

LUCKYDAWG13
01-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Hey thanks I'll have to check out the one in Algonquin

Wally
01-07-2016, 08:28 PM
I have family in central WI..all of them moved from here to there. I am the only one left. Kind of amazing that folks from WI & Minnesota are so proud of their state...unlike IL. The Gov did mention that the satte has far too many levels of Government that costs the citizens about $1,300 per head a year... Madigan's solution is to increase the State Income tax to 5%...that will drive still more out. Glad that you are moving out....you will not regret it.

Right on Wally, I am also a resident of NE Illinois. I find it hard to believe Il is only the third most corrupt state. I'm sure one of our politicians just "misplaced" the true data of Il not being #1. But with our 7,000 layers of govt, it might be hard to pinpoint who it was. I'm sure they have another tax increase in the works so they can afford to get to the bottom of this error! Can't wait until this summer to move North of the cheddar curtain.

Bad Water Bill
01-07-2016, 11:10 PM
IIRC Madigan and his fellow thieves raised the tax with a promise to use the new easy money to fix the super shortage he and his fellow thieves had created in the retirement funds.

Well the money rolled in and somehow it all vanished somewhere but from what I have read and heard the vast shortage still exists and he now wants even more because we "THE STUPID WORKING VOTERS" will not remember a couple of years back.

Lets hang him,his git and all of the other crooks,vandals and thieves from Crook County.

Wally
07-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Looks like Madigan escaped the noose and just increased the state income tax by 32%....looks like we need a new hangman!

IIRC Madigan and his fellow thieves raised the tax with a promise to use the new easy money to fix the super shortage he and his fellow thieves had created in the retirement funds.

Well the money rolled in and somehow it all vanished somewhere but from what I have read and heard the vast shortage still exists and he now wants even more because we "THE STUPID WORKING VOTERS" will not remember a couple of years back.

Lets hang him,his git and all of the other crooks,vandals and thieves from Crook County.

prsman23
07-07-2017, 04:12 PM
He minute I can I'm moving out of Illinois. That's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wally
07-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Seems like we have no options...we really have no politicians on our, the taxpayers side. In Indiana, depending on the county, Real Estate taxes are 1/4 what I pay now. The IN income tax is 3.23% vs. IL 4.95% and sales taxes are lower. My neighbors are starting to realize that they are working longer just to pay the much larger tax burden. Many cannot afford to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=prsman23;4094234]He minute I can I'm moving out of Illinois. That's for sure.

Wots
07-07-2017, 04:44 PM
:bigsmyl2:

prsman23
07-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Seems like we have no options...we really have no politicians on our, the taxpayers side. In Indiana, depending on the county, Real Estate taxes are 1/4 what I pay now. The IN income tax is 3.23% vs. IL 4.95% and sales taxes are lower. My neighbors are starting to realize that they are working longer just to pay the much larger tax burden. Many cannot afford to retire.

He minute I can I'm moving out of Illinois. That's for sure.

I'm lucky that I live 15 minutes from Missouri. Not a super difficult move across the river.

missionary5155
07-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Greetings
We reside in Danville when up north... Just 3 miles to the east is FREEDOM !
Mike in Peru

Wally
07-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Must be wonderful to be so close to freedom of the Democratic Oppression of Illinois. I was in Lafayette and Fort Wayne last month....lots of new homes going up and the strip malls have help wanted signs in the windows; in Illinois many shops are vacant and have been for years. Real Estate taxes on a $250,000 house are less Than $2,000...in Illinois it's over $7,000.

Greetings
We reside in Danville when up north... Just 3 miles to the east is FREEDOM !
Mike in Peru

Hamish
07-07-2017, 07:29 PM
What I have to say about the Emporer of Springfield and Illinois demoncraps is not fit for this forum.

Wally
07-07-2017, 07:57 PM
One of the reasons that they are in power is because too many don't speak up and vent their anger. If more would e-mail Cullerton & Madigan venting their displeasure, quite possibly we can effect some change. Better than doing nothing...

What I have to say about the Emporer of Springfield and Illinois demoncraps is not fit for this forum.

Bzcraig
07-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Good to see you and Gerty are still kicking, haven't seen you post for awhile.

Bad Water Bill
07-09-2017, 09:37 AM
The only way EMPEROR Madigan will leave Springfield and all of his cronies is by being carried out by 8 paul bearers.

DCP
07-09-2017, 01:17 PM
Bill any thing for Central IL

Wally
07-10-2017, 07:45 PM
That's what is so sickening...we, the electorate can do nothing. A Speaker of the House has ultimate power...in effect we have no representation. My Representative & Senator voted no. I voted for them....I voted for Rauner....what more can I do but move to another state?

The only way EMPEROR Madigan will leave Springfield and all of his cronies is by being carried out by 8 paul bearers.