PDA

View Full Version : Question on a primer brand

lead-1
01-06-2016, 01:00 AM
I have been looking over an old friends .308 loads, these were shot out of a lever gun, possibly a Browning IIRC.
It shows powder and bullets that are common to me but the primers listed are "G22C", no other info on that line.
Has anyone ever heard of such an identifier, unfortunately I can't ask him and google isn't helping since that is a Glock gun model?

runfiverun
01-06-2016, 02:26 AM
maybe herters, mil-surp, or something foreign.
I wouldn't even worry about it and just go buy some current made ones and go from there.
unless it's just a curiosity thing.

lead-1
01-06-2016, 03:44 AM
Yes it's a curiosity thing, sometimes you just have to know, even though you know what happened to the cat.
I kind of thought it may even be a lot number he had listed.

krems
01-07-2016, 02:07 AM
Not a clue to me either. Seems like an odd model number to describe a primer. As Runfiverun said- Grab some modern primers and work your load up carefully.

lead-1
01-07-2016, 05:27 AM
CCI 200 or WLR primers for me, like I said it was a curiosity thing. Just no number I ever seen in primers.

Thanks guys.

runfiverun
01-07-2016, 01:37 PM
I'd go with it being a lot number.
I remember things used to be marked clearly with that information and lot to lot variations were common so once a load was worked up using the same lot number would be a big help in keeping the same accuracy.
when I was shooting competitively I would mark my loads with numbers like C8X8 or R12-L8 which told me what was in the boxes rather than just 4 grs of this or whatever.

lead-1
01-07-2016, 11:26 PM
Bingo runfiverun, this guy used to shoot competitions in a lever gun class, so that must be it. His favorite lever gun was a .22-30/30 that he had shown me many years ago.