PDA

View Full Version : Best replacement trigger for a No. 4 Enfield?

Blackwater
01-02-2016, 02:51 PM
I have a No. 4 Mk. I Enfield and don't care for the stock military trigger. Its curve makes the trigger finger have to angle downward to sharply for my liking, binding the hand/finger a bit, and I'd like a trigger with a more conventional contour, if I can find one. What have you guys with experience with the No. 4's found in aftermarket triggers? I want about a 3.5-4 lb. trigger pull, and reasonably crisp and consistent in pull wt. I know Huber makes one that has been praised. Are there others, and how do they stack up in actual field performance? Thanks for any help you can provide here.

leebuilder
01-02-2016, 05:32 PM
I have always stuck with stock parts. I have found a Canadian made trigger for no4, "Canwest triggers" it has a some good reviews.
Hope this helps.

Blackwater
01-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Thanks. Have heard of it and have it bookmarked. Just trying to make a decision and with so much knowledge and experience here, it'd be crazy for me not to seek advie first. This is the first Enfield I've dolled up.

andy h
01-04-2016, 06:01 PM
I had a no4 mk2 and in competition the trigger was one of the big letdown's so i copied the Huber setup and drilled and inserted a ball bearing into the bearing surface of the trigger , The improvement was instantly noticeable and it started to put me into medal places in local club competitions , But that was before i had my now 53 year old eyes (Match aperture sights).

W.R.Buchanan
01-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Blackwater: the hot tip on those triggers is to polish the front face of the cocking piece where the "Bent" (Vee shaped piece) rides and polish the Bents upper end so that it is a nice clean radius. Apply a small amount of Moly grease to these surfaces.

Also polish the lower end of the bent where the trigger bumps touch it.

It is difficult to improve the trigger much beyond that although you could install a lighter striker spring which would reduce the pull weight further. Brownell's could supply a lighter spring for the striker.

Both of my guns are right at 6 lbs which for these guns still works pretty well and I shoot my #4 Mk1 at long range silhouette. The trigger isn't a big problem as I am shooting with Iron Sights at 500Meters.

As far as the actual shape of the trigger it could be reshaped with a torch and if you trash it, it is only a $6 part. Another upgrade could be a trigger shoe, if you can find one or make one that works.

I have not heard any glowing reviews on that Canwest aftermarket trigger at any of the big Enfield sites. The price is way too much for the "Improvement."

Randy