PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Binos

TXGunNut
01-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Been reading and hearing about Vortex optics for awhile, decided to take a look at them. Went to try some out and Cabelas had the Diamondback 10X50's on sale for way under my budget. Liked how they performed in the store so I brought them home. Took them hunting this past weekend and they performed much better than the Nikon Monarchs I used for the last several years. In all fairness to the Nikons I think they used to be better, not sure what happened to them. Using the Vortex binos I was able to critically evaluate deer at 200 yards in less than ideal light, something I was unable to do past 100 yds with the Nikons. I believe the Vortex are even US made, gotta like that these days. As a glasses wearer I liked the adjustable eye cups and I liked the tethered lens covers as well. No fun hunting around for lens covers in a gear bag or hunting blind. Good glass is almost a given these days and these lenses are no exception. Mechanicals and coatings seemed to work as they should, pretty pleased with my new binocs.

runfiverun
01-01-2016, 04:10 PM
those vortex Bino's are what started me down the path of replacing almost all of my scopes with theirs.

I was looking over a hill side and spotted a pretty nice 3x3 deer with my 10 power vortex bino's that I couldn't find anywhere with my 12 power leupold rifle scope.
I turned the power up and down, shaded the lens, moved under a tree, everything I could think of.
the deer finally moved and reflected the sunlight enough for me to pick it up and get a shot off, I would have just moved along if not for having those Bino's with me.

dualsport
01-01-2016, 04:15 PM
It seems like Vortex just popped up out of nowhere. Anybody know the origin/history of this company? First I heard of them was when they were featured on the TV show "Meateater". Where are they made?

TXGunNut
01-01-2016, 09:02 PM
It seems like Vortex just popped up out of nowhere. Anybody know the origin/history of this company? First I heard of them was when they were featured on the TV show "Meateater". Where are they made?

They're apparently made in Wisconsin. Small family owned company it seems.

Jim_P
01-02-2016, 01:24 AM
I have a Vortex Diamondback spotting scope. The front lens cover has a 'Made in China' sticker. I hope that means the cover and not the whole scope.

I also own a Vortex Viper PST FFP rifle scope. One of the best performing scopes I own (and I own Zeiss and Nikon as well, have had Bushnell - never again).

For the money, you can't go wrong with a Vortex.

newton
01-05-2016, 09:58 AM
Vortex is made in China, but their service is here. And on top of that their service is top notch. I know that they will honor their warranty without any run around. My first "good" scope was a Vortex, one of their bottom line ones, but it is hands down the best I have ever owned. I would never hesitate to buy Vortex for the right price.

MT Chambers
01-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Def. Chinese made.

MBTcustom
01-05-2016, 05:46 PM
American owned
Made in the Phillipines
Awesome glass for the money.

Lloyd Smale
01-06-2016, 07:09 AM
as to your monarchs. I had an old set that after a while I couldn't focus out past 300 yards sharply with. I sent them back to Nikon and they sent me a brand new pair. The ones they sent were monarch 5s and were better then my original pair ever was. You might want to consider doing the same.