PDA

View Full Version : 310 Adapter

KCSO
01-01-2016, 01:15 PM
I like to use a 310 tool in camp for occasional reloading and to load my wax bullets. I prefer to use the stronger steel handles but they are made calibre specific whereas the later pot metal handles are made with a screw in adapter for each calibre. I got to looking and got busy on the late and milling machine and made a couple of slip in adapters so I can use the 45ACP steel handles for loading both my38's and the wife's 32's. They work just fine and I have the dimensions if anyone wants to make up a set. They do have to be a sliding fit in the handles as friction keeps them aligned.

Green Frog
01-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Or if you are REALLY knowledgeable about 310 handles, you know they made interchangeable steel ones for one year (1957??) and you move heaven and earth to get a large and a small set to really impress the unwashed masses! :bigsmyl2:

Froggie

charliek
01-02-2016, 10:07 AM
The Frog speaks.

KCSO
01-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately I have never been able to come up with a set and I have 12 handles of various calibers now. I wanted one handle for my camper box that would handle all the pistol rounds I load in camp.

Green Frog
01-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Unfortunately I have never been able to come up with a set and I have 12 handles of various calibers now. I wanted one handle for my camper box that would handle all the pistol rounds I load in camp.

Roger that! I tried to gather up enough steel handles in sizes that covered sufficiently large "families" to be able to load about anything I wanted, but when I found out about the interchangeable steel handles I was gone. I found the small set first at a gun show, but at the time was loading more rifle stuff, so I stayed at it until the large set showed up at another show. Fortunately, nobody back then was all that knowledgeable about the various handles (at least at the shows I frequent) so I got them for about $15 each. 8-) It's doubtful I'll get that lucky on any more of them. :(

Froggie