PDA

View Full Version : PMC brass?

Art in Colorado
12-31-2015, 07:20 PM
My gun store has 45 ACP PMC 230 Gr target for $18.00 per box of fifty. Bought two but am wondering about the quality of the brass for reloading. Any thoughts on this brass?Art

Ed_Shot
12-31-2015, 07:31 PM
I have not had any issues with PMC brass in any caliber. I would not hesitate to reload it.

dubber123
12-31-2015, 07:33 PM
I have not had any issues with PMC brass in any caliber. I would not hesitate to reload it.

Same here. Not Lapua match brass, but as good or better than most of our domestic brass. Shoot and load away.

trails4u
12-31-2015, 07:54 PM
I like it in .223....prefer it over some others that are considered very good. I find it's consistent in case volume, and sizes very easily/consistently.

Plate plinker
12-31-2015, 08:35 PM
Like PMC products they seem to perform well.

Green Monster
12-31-2015, 09:06 PM
No issues here either. I average 4-7 reloads from my 45acp pmc stuff.

retread
12-31-2015, 09:06 PM
Works fine for me.

Tom W.
12-31-2015, 09:15 PM
Same here. I get a lot from the indoor range and have no issues.

Rattlesnake Charlie
12-31-2015, 09:46 PM
Just bought a case of 500 in .308 Win. Seems like good stuff.

MrWolf
01-01-2016, 01:32 AM
I never had any issues with them.

vzerone
01-01-2016, 01:43 AM
PMC brass is near the top. Very good brass. Too bad their plant isn't in the states anymore.

billyb
01-01-2016, 02:07 AM
I find a lot of PMC 45 auto brass at the indoor range. I process a lot of it. I find that quite a bit of it has off center flash holes. I bag this up and put it on the raffle table at the monthly meeting. Bill

MT Chambers
01-01-2016, 03:18 AM
I thought PMC was Phillipine or Korean made?

vzerone
01-01-2016, 01:22 PM
It's Korean. They once had a plant in Nevada.

ReloaderFred
01-01-2016, 01:47 PM
PMC has gone through several ownerships over the years. They started in South Korea, then to Boulder City, NV, and now back in South Korea, all under different owners. They make good brass, and they're using a different priming compound that is cleaner. It leaves a white residue, rather than the black from lead styphnate priming. It's also not DDNP (Diazodinitrophenol) priming compound, since they've used the same primers both times the company has been located in South Korea, even before the advent of DDNP primers. The American owned PMC used CCI primers when they were in Boulder City.

The only drawback to their priming compound is if the brass gets wet, the primers are almost glued into the pockets and you'll get a lot of primer cups coming apart during decapping, leaving a ring of brass inside the primer pocket. Other than that, it's good heavy brass.

Hope this helps.

Fred

pretzelxx
01-01-2016, 01:53 PM
45 pmc works fantastic for me, so far!

Scharfschuetze
01-01-2016, 02:11 PM
My current bucket of 357 brass is PMC brass and it has proven to be long lived and uniform. I just loaded 500 rounds using this brass on the Dillon press over the Holidays for the coming year. I have no idea if it is from Korea or Boulder City. I've read where PMC was the abbreviation for Pusan Metallic Cartridge or something like that.

Skipper
01-01-2016, 02:32 PM
My current bucket of 357 brass is PMC brass and it has proven to be long lived and uniform. I just loaded 500 rounds using this brass on the Dillon press over the Holidays for the coming year. I have no idea if it is from Korea or Boulder City. I've read where PMC was the abbreviation for Pusan Metallic Cartridge or something like that.

Info:

http://www.luckygunner.com/ammo-manufacturer/pmc-ammo-review

PMC Ammo Information:PMC ammunition (http://www.luckygunner.com/brands/pmc-ammo) is manufactured in South Korea by the Poongsan Corporation (ISO certified) which produces cartridges ranging from small arms ammunition to large howitzer rounds for the South Korean military. The Poongsan Corporation dates back to 1968 and since its founding it has grown to become on one of the world's largest manufacturers and suppliers of ammunition. The Poongsan Corporation's primary mission is to make South Korea fully self-reliant for their ammunition needs. Taking advantage of their high standards required through the military's reliance on their ammunition, their excess capacity, branded as PMC (Precision Made Cartridges), is highly sought after throughout the world's commercial markets. In the United States, their reliable range ammo has become a standard for excellence and consistency.
PMC is unique in that they manufacturer all of their components from raw materials which helps them maintain more control over each step in their supply chain. PMC goes so far as to even manufacture their own rolls of brass from which the brass cups that form the case are punched out of instead of outsourcing this step. This is just one example to illustrate the extra care that PMC takes to ensure their quality is never at risk from a supplier dropping the ball.

Where PMC Ammo Is Manufactured:PMC Ammo is manufactured in Poongsan's Angang and Dongrae plants located in South Korea

375supermag
01-01-2016, 04:19 PM
I have used PMC ammunition and reloaded their brass many times over the years.
It has proven to be excellent brass and held up over multiple reloadings with no issues.

johniv
01-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Good brass, I haven't noticed any offcenter flash holes, but if they are, what difference does it make?

JWFilips
01-01-2016, 08:08 PM
I use a lot of PMC brass especially for the .223 in my bolt rifle. It is usually range pick & it is typically the only .223 I keep ( I sell the other stuff) It doesn't have crimped primers and once it is clean I have more "equal weight" cases then any other brass I have used!

Pumpkinheaver
01-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Never had an issue with PMC brass.

duckey
01-01-2016, 09:32 PM
I have reloaded .375 H&H magnum PMC and it seems to hold up better than other major quality brands. Seems South Korea makes some good brass.

Driver man
01-01-2016, 10:49 PM
I have reloaded PMC for years with no problems at all. We used to say PMC stood for poor mans choice but that is just because the price is good.

Le Loup Solitaire
01-01-2016, 10:56 PM
PMC brass in 38special and 45ACP has always worked well for me. Cleans up well in my tumbler and has lasted as long as other brands. I've gotten most of it as pickup at a couple of ranges. LLS

GabbyM
01-01-2016, 10:57 PM
Never had a PMC fail on me. Ran 200 cases for many reloads that started out life as M193 ball.

Tried to convert some into 222 Rem and could not get the shoulder pushed down. Without extreme pressure then a buckle. It's hard stuff. No amount of annealing would soften it up enough. Head stamp is 81. I bought a thousand new back then. Primer pockets are crimped as it was M193 after all. My experience was LC brass shot more accurate. But I never tried to anneal either brand back then.