PDA

View Full Version : Echo swage press

Wayne Smith
12-30-2015, 05:33 PM
OK guys, here are some pictures of what I bought. Is the green/white paint original? Most of the rust is surface, a little oil and it cleaned off pretty well. The die is part of a swage set, there is a bleed hole and I punched out a piece of lead. The die easily screws on and off. I assume someone knows how the Echo swage set worked?

Yes, Ken, this is the one I picked up from eBay. The swage machanism is removable. I'm assuming it needed a little more support given the copper wire that was added, I doubt that was original. Surely I can get a standard piece from Dave, but is it worth something to collectors as it is?

salpal48
12-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Yes, The green and white fleck paint is original. many I have seen have it. . I don't knowIf that was the only color or How long it Lasted. I have one same in green. I see them also on ebay. they don't bring a lot of cash. but a little more if you have shell holders.
But to a collector , you never know
good machine like all the old presses.
Sal

LUBEDUDE
12-30-2015, 07:35 PM
I agree with Sal on what he said. I believe the main reason that they don't bring much cash is because you are constrained by their very own shellholders, or lack thereof, which go for $20-25 on eBay when you can find them.

The only reason I even considered buying mine is that it came with 4 or 5 shellholders all of which I load for. Mine has the funky fleck job as well.

Enjoy

zuke
12-30-2015, 08:25 PM
If you call RCBS, they have modern ram's. I have one that has that upgrade

salpal48
12-30-2015, 09:36 PM
Yes, You can change the ram, but it probably don,t pay keep it as it is and Look for shell holder.

Wayne Smith
12-30-2015, 09:38 PM
I can get a ram from Dave at CH4D as well. I'm wondering if it has more value as a swage press to a collector, if anyone collects these. After all, I have half a swage die, too!

I originally bought it as a give a way to someone I teach to reload. That means I give Dave a call.

Pressman
01-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Wayne if you want to keep it for reloading I would be interested in what swaging parts you have. That could offset the cost of a new ram.
I don't have a complete set of swaging dies so this is a start.

Ken