PDA

View Full Version : An Unexpected Bonus For My Reloding Supplies!

Dthunter
12-29-2015, 11:39 PM
I got a call from a guy who I met out shooting one day about a year ago. He remembered he had my phone number on his cell, and gave me a call.

He asked me if I was still reloading, and I said, as much as I can of course! LOL!
He mentioned that he had collected "some" brass over the past year or two and wanted to make sure it got to a person who would actually use it.

He gave me his address, and over I went expecting to collect a few boxes of miscellaneous cases.

Well this is what I got! And he refused to take anything for it! Holy friggin Sasafrazzz!
This is the only picture I took, but the haul worked out to be 3 full 5 gallon pails!

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/darcytyndall1/image1_zpsdk4unzne.jpg (http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/darcytyndall1/media/image1_zpsdk4unzne.jpg.html)

It took me 12 hours today to sort through all this stuff! I separated it into individual calibers, so I can polish them up in lots.
After they are all cleaned up, I will give them a closer look to see what cases are good and which are trash. After cleaning I can separate the cases by manufacturer as well.

I wound up with half a 5 gallon pail of 30-06 brass, and about half that of 308win.
And an assortment of everything in between.
My guess is that I got about (450-500)- 300 Win Mag. Cases, and about 1/3 pail of 30-30 cases as well.
There was a few older cases you don't see around here much in the mix. 300 savage, 7mm Mauser, 8mm Mauser, 6mm Remington, 45 gap.
There was even a box of 416Ruger there! Expensive brass to just leave behind!

carbine86
12-29-2015, 11:50 PM
Wow. It's nice to meet people like that. I had a similar things ng happen to me a few years ago . I guy gave me 1k 223 factory ammo and 8 mini 14 mags.

bluelund79
12-29-2015, 11:53 PM
That's pretty awesome right there! Congrats!

petroid
12-29-2015, 11:53 PM
Wow, a belated and unexpected Christmas present! I had a coworker who knew I reloaded tell me he would save his brass for me. One day he walked in with a gallon Ziploc bag of Lake City 5.56 and another of 38SPL. I was very thankful and it was nowhere near your score! Congrats

nagantguy
12-30-2015, 10:52 AM
Very cool, of course he wouldn't take anything for it, the great ones never do. The two nicest most generous men that I know will give and give and do and do and just say "pass it o e to someone else".

Wayne Dobbs
12-30-2015, 12:09 PM
So now you have lots of karma material! Great find and about as good as one I had once, where a friend gifted me three five gallon buckets of once fired .45 ACP brass.

Scharfschuetze
12-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Good to have friends like that!

Your count of the various cases from range pick up is interesting. While I guess the Soviet ammo found on the range was all steel cased and thus tossed, the assortment of brass American cases still shows a strong following of the old Ought-Six, the 308 and of course the 223.

Odd that other calibres were not more prevalent. Perhaps shooters of those calibres are more inclined to reload and thus keep their brass?

lancem
12-30-2015, 07:32 PM
If you don't have a use for the 30-06 let me know.

fatnhappy
12-30-2015, 08:45 PM
if you elect to sell the .300 savage brass I would be keenly interested.

runfiverun
12-31-2015, 01:16 PM
and if you don't need that 6-7-8mm stuff I'd like first shot at it.
I have all three and brass is hard to get for them right now.

Dthunter
01-03-2016, 05:21 PM
I would love to help guys, but I live on the north side of the border. Our governments have such silly ways of dealing with this stuff!

fryboy
01-03-2016, 06:53 PM
I would love to help guys, but I live on the north side of the border. Our governments have such silly ways of dealing with this stuff!

Sadly truer words were never spoken and by such an understatement at that lolz ,perhaps the feller didn't want payment but a small gift of something helps keep you in mind ( bag of jerky,six pack,decent bottle of something or even a box or two of ammo [shrugz] )