PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shoot at Effingham Illinois

218bee
04-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey guys, as I stated before I would like to try the BPCR bit for fun and maybe fun competition, I am not a serious competitor. I live in gun-grabbing, gun-hating, crowded, yucchy Illinois and noticed there is a range in Effingham where they apparantly do some BPCR. I thought it would be a good idea to try to attend a shoot and talk to some gents and see what they shoot and get some ideas. It would probably be a 3 hour ride or so, so I was wondering if anyone here shoots there or has shot there and has any info about the place. Any help is appreciated.

Thumbcocker
04-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Great people and recently remodeled range to be safer. Never shoot in the matches but real nice facilities. Covered concrete benches and over 500 yards.

Kraschenbirn
04-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Have never shot at Effingham but I'm not all that far away...little over an hour's drive. May have to run down there some weekend and check out their range. Have they got a website or someplace I could obtain a match schedule?

Bill

Onlymenotu
04-20-2008, 08:46 AM
218Bee ,I'm not to sure where you are from this maybe closer( or farther) but I work with a couple of guy that are members on this site (http://www.lefthandersgunclub.com/)

they seem pretty layed back with they're rulz just for fun

With the cartridge guns black powder will not be a requirement. You will be able to use smokeless although we will all need to use cast bullets to keep ricochets to a minimum. I can provide assistance or advice (through email, telephone, or help on the line) on most black powder firearms and if I cannot then I will find someone who can.

I've personaly never shoot there.... but they do seem to have alot of fun there * from what i hear* and arn't to serious.... more about the fun of it

montana_charlie
04-20-2008, 03:22 PM
I have never shot at Effingham...
but I did shoot the effing-neighbor's dog, about a year ago.
CM

Kraschenbirn
04-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Charlie....

G-R-O-A-N!!! You've just created another variant on an old flatlander standard...except our versions usually make some reference to the breeding of swine rather than demise of a neighbor's mutt.

Bill

carpetman
04-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Dep Al loaded some black powder in his Glock and shot silhouettes. He did great on the pigs and rams. Not so the turkeys and chickens. He couldn't get the plastic barrel on his Glock to fowl.

45 2.1
04-21-2008, 07:08 AM
I live about 50 miles south of Effingham. It would be interesting to meet the four of you at a shoot there sometime.

ihuntbuck
04-21-2008, 07:06 PM
I only live 40 miles west of there and have been looking into joining. here is a link to a site where you can learn more about the place and i believe there is a match schedule also..

http://www.funnemanfrontierarms.com/

Kraschenbirn
04-21-2008, 08:19 PM
http://www.funnemanfrontierarms.com/

Looking at their information package makes me wish I lived a bit farther south. Currently, I'm only driving a little over 30 miles to shoot but our range only goes out to 300M and the club doesn't run much in the way of organized events anymore. While I've "retired" from all form of competitive shooting, it would be fun to shoot a club match now and then.

Bill

218bee
04-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I'd be up for a bunch of us meeting down there some time. Unfortunately I'm at least three hours north of there. I see there is a site in Lodi Wisconsin that sounds impressive lots of matches (winnequah gun club or something like that) they have a website but that would be about 2 1/2 hrs north of me I guess its a little north of Madison. Anyway lets do some research and who knows??