PDA

View Full Version : Today was the last chance

Friends call me Pac
12-28-2015, 09:20 PM
Modern gun ended today. I did meet my goal of getting a deer with my new Winchester 44 mag with a NOE bullet. I was hoping for another shot at a deer using my Winchester 30.30 & it's own NOE bullet. I saw several deer in range but none were legal. Sometimes I wish we could kill spikes and 4 points here. I had several of each dead to rights but couldn't shoot them. I had to put the lever actions away but it isn't quite over just yet. The next 3 days are for muzzle loaders. I got my .50 Hawkins loaded up with 80gr of FFg and a patched round ball. Now all I need is a nice doe or a buck with at least 3 points on one side to come close enough.

If the Lord is willing I'll get another crack at them with a boolit next year. Hope your season was a good one too.

Tradhunter
12-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Good luck! A lot of nice deer are killed in late season.

tankgunner59
12-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Sorry to hear it Pac. Here in Illinois we don't have those restrictions, if it doesn't have spots it's fair game. Unfortunately, I won't have a place to hunt until next year. So here's hoping you get one next year with that .30-30!

Ole Joe Clarke
12-28-2015, 11:22 PM
Gun hunting doesn't end here until the end of January.

toallmy
12-29-2015, 08:11 AM
All you let walk away will be bigger next year.I'm shore you enjoyed watching them and your scouting for next year.