PDA

View Full Version : Look what my awesome son built me for Christmas!

xd45forever
12-28-2015, 07:41 PM
My son was over while I was casting a couple months ago and we got to talking about basically how the pot works and how the temp was controlled ( he works. As a maintenance tech for an aluminum injection molding company) he said that's about as crude as he's ever seen!! Well he showed up to Christmas dinner throws this box at me n says " this should help" lol god bless him!156660

pressonregardless
12-28-2015, 07:47 PM
That is really a great gift, I bet he could sell a few of them if he had a mind to right here.

OS OK
12-28-2015, 07:58 PM
My son was over while I was casting a couple months ago and we got to talking about basically how the pot works and how the temp was controlled ( he works. As a maintenance tech for an aluminum injection molding company) he said that's about as crude as he's ever seen!! Well he showed up to Christmas dinner throws this box at me n says " this should help" lol god bless him!156660
Does it have a small tube that you have to put in the pot from the top to monitor the heat…or did your son mount that part some other way?
I forget the name of that tube and bulbous little end on it…embarrassing huh?

xd45forever
12-28-2015, 08:04 PM
Yes there is a thermocouple I'm working on a mount to hold it . haven't tried it yet maybe tomorrow after I do a good pot clean out but it looks like its everything a guy could ever want!

LaPoint
12-28-2015, 08:53 PM
xd45forever you are truly blessed to have a talented, thoughtful, caring and loving son! What will you use now as an excuse for bad boolits??? LOL!

xd45forever
12-28-2015, 09:21 PM
Usually don't make excuses for bad boolits! Lol I figure out how to correct the problem and melt the evidence back into the pot!! Lol

krems
01-07-2016, 02:29 AM
I never used a PID controller....those look nice. I'll have to give that a thought. Nice Xmas gift btw.....

shoot-n-lead
01-07-2016, 02:31 AM
GOOD son...

Merry Christmas