PDA

View Full Version : Tumbler motor cleaning

salpal48
12-28-2015, 04:27 PM
I have several tumbler electric Motors that need to be internal cleaning. The motors are sealed . except vent holes. The inside residue is a mix of oil, media dust. , other stuff
any suggestion on a quick clean, without ruining it
Sal

ReloaderFred
12-28-2015, 04:32 PM
Use a shop vac to get the big stuff, then an air hose to blow them out as much as you can. They're continuous duty motors, so they're constructed to keep running for a long time, but the vents need to be cleaned to help with cooling.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Skunk1
12-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the tip. One of mine is starting to act up but I've probably got my money out of it anyway. I'll give it a try.

mdi
12-29-2015, 04:35 PM
If it's sealed, it shouldn't be in need of cleaning, but like 'Fred said, vacuum or blow the dust/dirt off. If it looks really bad I'd try some Electronics Cleaner, aerosol with a small spray tube (spray in the "vent holes" and around the shaft/bearings). Check the cleaner on a piece of plastic before using as some are "chlorinated" and will dissolve insulation. Good electronics cleaners leave a very (very) fine coating of a preservative behind. Make sure the motor is kept dust free and has air circulating around it to keep it cool...