PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use RCBS Bullet Feed Die?

Bzcraig
12-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Is buying one of these worth it? Will they feed cast?

VHoward
12-27-2015, 05:16 PM
They have to be modified to feed cast bullets. A google search will turn up results to see.

troyboy
12-27-2015, 05:48 PM
I have the die and only loaded jacketed and plated bullets. The die is a body that comes with plastsic inserts. These inserts are changed depending on the caliber used. There is a rubber band that holds tension around the circumference of the plastic insert. I had nothing but problems. The inserts deform and break without abuse,they are difficult to change. Plastic and rubber bands are not a well thought out concept. Forget using lubed cast boolits as even with flat based plated it was un reliable. I have purchased Hornandy feed dies as quality far surpasses the inferior quality and poor design of the RCBS unit. The Hornandy dies can be succesfully modified to use cast, and adapters can be purchased to utilise the LEE rotary case feeder and tubes. I have not used these dies or the modifications yet but if you google then watch the Y-tube vids it will give an excellent understanding of how these Hornandy dies work and why I feel comfortable recommending them.