PDA

View Full Version : Boolit just for Dan Wesson Supermags

69daytona
12-27-2015, 02:37 PM
This might not be the place for this but best place to get most attention.

Im going to draw up a bullet that will take advantage of Dan Wesson's long cylinders on their Supermags that will also give a little extra case capacity and wor with the 18.75 barrel twist used on the Dans.

If I get enough interest I will start a GB and use NOE or Miha as the maker. Both make outstanding molds that last.

Looking at the 357, 375 and 445 supermags, so few 414s out there doubt if many shoot them.

if interested PM me with calibers you are interested in, need at least 15 of each before Miha will make them, not sure with NOE but will check.

The designs will also work in any encore style gun.

Moonie
12-27-2015, 03:51 PM
Why not use Accurate Molds, he can get it up and running for you quickly.

dubber123
12-27-2015, 04:55 PM
If it fits, I would be quite surprised if you can do better than the RCBS 35-200 for the 357 Supermag. I am running it around 1,500 fps in a F/A 353 and my last groups were right at 1" at 50 yds., iron sights. Being the gun is basically useless for field use anyways, I may scope it to see what it can really do. I can't help with the other calibers though.

69daytona
12-27-2015, 05:04 PM
To each his own, if your happy with what you have at 50 yards good for you, I want 200+ yards and accurate.
can get a better price with a GB from Miha and NOE, if I do it just for me I will go with Mountain molds or accurate.

dubber123
12-28-2015, 08:01 AM
To each his own, if your happy with what you have at 50 yards good for you, I want 200+ yards and accurate.
can get a better price with a GB from Miha and NOE, if I do it just for me I will go with Mountain molds or accurate.

Yeah, I am pretty happy with 1" at 50 yds. from iron sights, considering I am only a casual handgunner. Another member here who has the same model revolver as me was reporting 200 meter groups in the 2" range with the RCBS boolit. He was Ca state silhouette champ, so I believe he knows about accuracy. If you design something that betters 2" at 200 meters from your DW's, do let us know :)