PDA

View Full Version : Old mold values

abunaitoo
12-26-2015, 11:08 PM
Is there someplace that has the values of old molds????
I have some I maybe selling, but don't really know what their worth.

Der Gebirgsjager
12-26-2015, 11:12 PM
Check out what they're going for on e-bay. Enter something like" Lyman Ideal reloading" in the search box and see what comes up.

Gofaaast
12-26-2015, 11:16 PM
Sold listings on eBay is all I know of.

maxreloader
12-26-2015, 11:22 PM
If they are Lee... not so much $$$, if they are old Ideal... pretty good $$$, if they are newer Lyman... OK $$$, if they are Hensley & Gibbs and many-cavity... Jackpot! If they are any of the newer mfg's then they are all still holding 60-70% or better of original purchase price IF mold is in like-new condition. The more cavities, the more $$$ generally. Condition is key... any rust AT ALL in the cavities or on the cavity face is a no-no and decreases value. Hope this helps. YMMV.

abunaitoo
12-26-2015, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the info.
They are H&G, Ideal, and old Lyman pistol molds.
I cast for rifle mostly. Pistol for hard to find boolets.
I've checked on ebay. Couldn't find any of these there.
I'm not looking to sell them at this time.

MtGun44
12-27-2015, 12:27 AM
Which H&Gs do you have? I may need to augment my H&G collection.

abunaitoo
12-27-2015, 04:04 AM
Thanks to Cord, who showed me how to search past auctions on ebay, I searched one of the molds.
Prices are all over the place. No telling what it might be worth. Range anywhere from $70 to $350.
Not sure what I'll do next.

toallmy
12-27-2015, 05:44 AM
:Bright idea::Fire:Post some pictures and information , asking for reasonable offers ,but let the members know it is not a auction you reserved the not sell option. I know everyone wants a good deal , but a good fair deal is the best outcome. Ask some of the collector's out there to P M you weather a fair deal or not. I hate to see people taken advantage of on all sides. Take them out and heat em up cast a few , check you may remember that you love them. And then thay are priceless. Good luck

abunaitoo
12-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Just got the OK to put them on auction.
I will be listing them one at a time, so as to not confuse myself.