PDA

View Full Version : Need help near Puyallup/Tacoma or Vancouver, WA to teach reloading/casting

BrassMagnet
12-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Help! I've fallen and I can't reach my beer!
Not really. My Brother-in-law (BIL) and Nephew moved to Washington state and I can't reach them to teach them!
My Nephew & BIL bought 1911s and they want to learn how to reload ammo and cast boolits. It would be great if someone could teach them for me somewhere between Puyallup/Tacoma and Vancouver, WA.

I will be sending them a Rockchucker Supreme kit to load on.
They want to learn how to load .45 ACP and .30-06 and how to cast for .45 ACP.

Can any of our members near there teach them reloading and casting for me?

Baryngyl
12-26-2015, 10:45 PM
It's a bit far (250+ miles away, 4 hours 20 min) for me to go or I would offer to help you out.

Michael Grace

FLINTNFIRE
12-26-2015, 10:57 PM
I have fallen on occasion and reaching for a beer has been the reason more then once , what kind of 1911 did they purchase ? some are more finicky then others and what is their knowledge level on firearms and reloading, now to reach for that cold one .

BrassMagnet
12-26-2015, 11:58 PM
I have fallen on occasion and reaching for a beer has been the reason more then once , what kind of 1911 did they purchase ? some are more finicky then others and what is their knowledge level on firearms and reloading, now to reach for that cold one .

As long as you can crawl home like a Sailor it is all fine!

quilbilly
01-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Kind of a long hike for me too but I do occasionally make an appearance at the W.A.C. show in Puyallup if that helps. I do have some experience crawling home like a sailor.

BrassMagnet
01-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Kind of a long hike for me too but I do occasionally make an appearance at the W.A.C. show in Puyallup if that helps. I do have some experience crawling home like a sailor.

I haven't done either of those in over two decades.

5Shot
01-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Are they in Vancouver?

BrassMagnet
01-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Are they in Vancouver?

Yes, but FLINTNFIRE has it covered!

nagantguy
01-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Brass I didn't see this till now, if your kin need some gear let me know we haven't forgotten how you helped us.

BrassMagnet
01-12-2016, 06:43 PM
Brass I didn't see this till now, if your kin need some gear let me know we haven't forgotten how you helped us.

They are family.
How could they not start out well equipped?

Nowherefound
01-12-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm on the newer side to all of this but if they wanted to treck across the river to Portland I could help with the basics. Looks like it is covered but the offer is there if they need a backup. I shoot about once a month at the English Pit range over in Vancouver.