PDA

View Full Version : ? request boolit length please

Seeker
12-25-2015, 05:30 PM
I found some data but with a different bullet than I cast. I cast the Lee c300RF. Can someone measure and tell me how long a Saceo (Redding) #454 cast boolit measures? This boolit looks very similar to my Lee with the exception, it has only one crimp groove. Thanks a lot. Sure hope someone has this info. G.

Scharfschuetze
12-25-2015, 09:39 PM
I don't have that mould, so I can't give you an answer to the Nth degree, but I did look at the Redding catalog and did some measuring on the 454 boolit as depicted.

Using the proportion formula and using .454" as the base measurement on the diameter, I came up with a length of: .776" If the diagram in the catalog is accurate, that should get you within a few thousandths or the actual length. If the diagram is skewed for some reason, then... Well, I guess we'll have to wait for someone with the mould to chime in.

Seeker
12-25-2015, 10:15 PM
Thank you sir. I'll compare in the morning.

Had one of those "why didn't I think of that!" moments this morning. Going by your measuring, I'd say they were pretty darn close to the same. I just measured a few of these Lee c300gr and come up with an average of .7765

Thanks again.

Scharfschuetze
12-27-2015, 12:51 AM
I guess even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then, me included. My lucky day with math! :)