PDA

View Full Version : USPS Rate Increase: January 17, 2016

georgerkahn
12-22-2015, 08:29 AM
As many Swappin' & Selling users employ USPS to deliver their treasures, it seems both appropriate and germane to note here that, Effective January 17, 2016, USPS shipping rates will be increasing an average of 9.5%. The January increase does not impact letters, First-Class flats and cards.

But, it will impact pretty much all else.

FP Mailing solutions has a summary at http://www.fp-usa.com/ratechange/january-17-2016-rate-increase/

And, of course, right from the USPS web-site at https://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2015/pr15_056.htm

Great/best Holiday wishes to all the great guys and guyettes on this site! Merry Christmas!
geo

cumminsnut76
12-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Well thats great to know thanks!

tomme boy
12-22-2015, 09:49 AM
Wow. The regional boxes went up a lot

dg31872
12-22-2015, 10:09 AM
I wonder why? Fuel is at a ten year low?

maxreloader
12-22-2015, 10:11 AM
Every chance I get I grab a few extra boxes at the P.O. I am waiting for the day that they announce that they are going to charge for their "free" packing materials... if you calculate the "cost" of the free boxes it takes a bit of the sting away.

BKS
12-22-2015, 10:53 AM
They should put the boxes where you either have to buy the postage first or at least ask for the boxes. I know the over head on all the boxes that just walk out w/o being used for mailing surely is atrocious.

blltsmth
12-22-2015, 11:16 AM
THANKS FOR THAT HEADS UP!!!QUITE A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE!!! Don

maxreloader
12-22-2015, 11:30 AM
You can order the boxes etc online by the thousands if you want to take the time, all free. I only use the small and medium flat rates so those are the ones I grab. I use them all the time. It would make more sense to keep them behind the counter for sure.

They should put the boxes where you either have to buy the postage first or at least ask for the boxes. I know the over head on all the boxes that just walk out w/o being used for mailing surely is atrocious.

cajun shooter
12-22-2015, 11:46 AM
The PO's in my area, keep all free boxes and envelopes in the front of the PO. It is very easy for anyone to reach them, even small children and those with handicaps of some sort. If a slot is empty, just ask and the clerks will fill it for you. Later David
PS The PO is the only self supporting Government agency we have. To be able to send a letter from the Maine border with Canada to the southern border of California with Mexico for less than 50 cents is a bargain.
I do wish that they would raise the fee to the projected cost for at least 5 years so that they could work in the black instead of the red all the time.

frkelly74
12-22-2015, 11:49 AM
So no more commercial base pricing. Bummer.

RustyReel
12-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Did I read that summary correctly?? No more flat rate shipping?? If so, that's a REAL bummer. Better get that lead sold and shipped before the 17th!

Seems I was confused, looks like flat rate is still there, just a bit more expensive.

louism
12-22-2015, 02:00 PM
No more flat rate express. Flat rate looks like it just goes up in cost.

Did I read that summary correctly?? No more flat rate shipping?? If so, that's a REAL bummer. Better get that lead sold and shipped before the 17th!

Seems I was confused, looks like flat rate is still there, just a bit more expensive.

sig2009
12-22-2015, 02:28 PM
I stopped using then a long time ago. Fed Ex ground is cheaper!

Four-Sixty
12-22-2015, 02:34 PM
This is sad as it will make it even harder for someone to start a small business. Anyone who does, would be even less competitive based on the shipping discounts going away. I guess it really does take money, to make money!

glockky
12-22-2015, 03:26 PM
I hate to see the price go up on anything but I still see shipping as cheap. I live out in the country and I am a 20 minute drive from everywhere. I drive 45 minutes to work every day and am almost an hour from the closest gun shop that stocks reloading supplies.
So I am looking at $10-15 gas to pretty much drive anywhere.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Yep, all flat rate boxes/envelope up about 80¢ each.

Low Budget Shooter
12-22-2015, 04:28 PM
Padded envelope will now be the same price as small flat rate box. If you haven't tried the padded envelopes, I recommend them, especially now that the small box will not be cheaper.

HiVelocity
12-22-2015, 04:29 PM
It should have been expected; with an election year coming up, the government moving funds from the USPS to fund "other" projects.............Oh yeah.

HV

huntersdog
12-22-2015, 04:56 PM
The thing is the USPS is making hand over fist, they have to put $5 BILLION in to the future pension fund.

Ed in North Texas
12-22-2015, 05:03 PM
I stopped using then a long time ago. Fed Ex ground is cheaper!

Only when you have a FedEx location. Lots of places have only a FedEx drop box. The FedEx drop boxes, both the closest town to me and the County Seat won't accept boxes even as large as the MFRB if it isn't the flat type box. And the closest actual storefront (not a location owned by FedEx) is 30 miles away.

That being said, if the USPS won't take it I'll opt for FedEx over UPS.

Black Powder Bill
12-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Man this sux! The increase and having to change wording and in 100 auctions. Click n ship is gone maybe PayPal's shipping is certified for the newbar code ???? Aughhh

bangerjim
12-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Just one more reason why I buy everything locally!

banger

Black Powder Bill
12-22-2015, 08:58 PM
Just one more reason why I buy everything locally!

bangerAnd how do you think a lot of your local stuff gets local???? You think those 65 pounds of boolits just appear for free!

bangerjim
12-22-2015, 09:17 PM
NOT by USPS for sure!

Most stores and commercial entities do NOT rely on USPS! I have contracts with UPS and FEDEX to ship my products and so do ALL my manufacturer's. I would never ship anything by USPS that was business related! My shipments are many times worth several thousand dollars and must get there.....with tracking numbers that are updated many times during transit. Unlike USPS that updates it's so called tracking info when it arrives at the destination! Worthless in the real commercial world.

Only on here and other forums (and evilbay) do people worry about flat rates and USPS boxes and rate increases. USPS is basically used by evilbay sellers and those trying to save a buck on shipping.

I do not use USPS for shipping. I would only use it if a customer was too cheap to pay for real shipping.

And I do not order boolits. 65# or 1#. I make my own from lead I always buy locally. All primers are always bought locally. Most powder is always bought locally. Brass is either local or Starline. The rare things I do order on-line come via either UPS or FEDEX. NOT USPS. I insist on it.

I could give a hoot what USPS does with it's rates. USPS is not tailored to provide real businesses with a service that is useful. And I am a businessman that ships products all over the USA. USPS is only for individuals shipping stuff trying to save a buck.

The USPS is an out-dated antique delivery system that should have died off years ago.

Only a "government" run/taxpayer funded cluster-f like that could survive in today's modern economy.

myg30
12-23-2015, 07:46 AM
I'm sure guessing they gave Amazon a break on pricing so all those Sunday deliveries get out.
If they can't find the correct home addresses during the week for important mail, how they finding them on Sunday's ???

Merry Christmas everyone.

Mike

bendad97
12-23-2015, 08:45 AM
And life in Obama's America goes on...

dragon813gt
12-23-2015, 09:53 AM
I'm sure guessing they gave Amazon a break on pricing so all those Sunday deliveries get out.
If they can't find the correct home addresses during the week for important mail, how they finding them on Sunday's ???

Merry Christmas everyone.

Mike

That was a deal they made w/ UPS, not Amazon. If you notice they were delivered in the normal UPS packaging.

VintageRifle
12-23-2015, 10:25 AM
I find I get more damaged goods via FedEx than any other carrier. Even if the company resends a package with extra packing, it still comes damaged. Took 5 tries to get a part for a cabinet that was damaged by FedEx fixed. The replacement panels kept arriving with the corners busted out from being dropped by FedEx.

I prefer UPS or USPS, better chance of arriving undamaged.

cajun shooter
12-23-2015, 12:09 PM
I see we have a few members that have a very strong orientation towards "Why are some people complaining when all they have to do is drive 2 blocks to the Fed-Ex Depot and put it all on your business account". They don't even stop to try and understand nor think that many of us have medical problems or are located in an area that does not have local gun stores that have any stock.
The statement that implied that this forum actually has members that not only try to save a few bucks with a shish!! added is very hurtful to say the least!!!
I went to the local recruiter when I was 17 and signed up because I was brought up being taught that "Every American Male" of age is required to protect this country that so the ones that served before him and gave it all, would not be without meaning and that they may live "FREE". I then came home and went to a Law Enforcement office and signed on. I started at $585 a month in 1976 and was making the huge salary of $2100 a month in 1990.
To be able to give this service, I had to work extra jobs after I finished my first 12 hours of the day and work another 5 hours to put groceries on the table, all the time believing in my oath to this country and it's people. Because of certain things that happen in life, which would require a book to explain how this happened and I would not care to put it all out there, I will just say this. My wife and I now live on $1106 a month. This requires me to "TRY and save those few bucks, it's very hard and demeaning at times to say the least. I have physical problems that I received from both of my services to this country. I receive not one damn penny for this body that is left, so I'm one of those that try to save a few bucks and must use that USPS service that some other members are above using!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! I will not have anyone tell me I must use any other type of wording for my sign off!! Take Care and Best Wishes for all, David

Black Powder Bill
12-23-2015, 01:49 PM
As I was leaving the USPS today the big brown truck pulled in~ Remember when the usps went on strike and all before it happened the others said they could handle the load. Then when the usps did go on strike the other about puked. LOL

I've shipped usps to address that were a post office box opened 3 days a week at a crossroad in the middle of someplace and could have been. Some place my FedEx account wanted $30.00 for a 5lb box. Not everyone cast boolits or shoots a thousand J' words a year.
The usps has a place and I can't think of another that will ship 57 pounds of lead to Hawaii for $15.00 & pick it up at your shops door too!

tdoor4570
12-23-2015, 03:28 PM
I think that there rate increase should be tied to there preformance, around here they would have to pay us for the privlage (sp) of shipping and delivering our packages.

Hardcast416taylor
12-23-2015, 04:08 PM
My postmaster told me that the P.O. is going to stop having that sticky strip on their FRE. He simply said it probably is part of the cost cutting measures the P.O. is doing.Robert

mdenz3
12-23-2015, 04:29 PM
Just when the USPS was getting competitive with UPS and FedEX... :mad:

dragon813gt
12-23-2015, 04:34 PM
Bangerjim is 100% correct. Very few businesses will use USPS. Those that do are forced to due to cheap *****(self censored). I used to bring over a lot of European VW parts by the container and then ship them all over the USA. There is no way I would trust the shipment of a $1k bumper to the USPS. Even a $20 interior piece was shipped UPS. USPS parcel service is for the casual shipper. I know some vendors here rely on them and I always question their decision. But it's not my decision so it's on them.

A $7 SFRB is not a deal unless the weight is high. Padded mailers.....buy them yourself and ship first class if you really want to save money. You'd be hard pressed to hit $7 in postage for an item that fits in the priority mailer. If their tracking was actually real time I would say it's a different story. But it's not, so it isn't.

It's hard for someone that isn't shipping tens of thousands of dollars of products to understand. Most people see the USPS cost and just expect to pay that. Look at a large operation like Amazon that spends Billions on shipping. They do not use the USPS. Pretty easy to understand why.

mdenz3
12-23-2015, 04:44 PM
-snip- Look at a large operation like Amazon that spends Billions on shipping. They do not use the USPS. Pretty easy to understand why.
They use USPS a lot.

RustyReel
12-23-2015, 06:56 PM
Just when the USPS was getting competitive with UPS and FedEX... :mad:
When UPS and FedEX put a FULL SERVICE facility in each zip code (not those useless storefronts manned by people who know nothing about their companies services or policies); when they stop by my house every day but Sunday to see if I have anything to mail, and if they can pick up a Christmas Card from my house in Florida and deliver it to a residence somewhere in Washington state in a few days, unmangled and for 46 cents.....then, and only then, will I say UPS and FedEX are competitive with the USPS. Now, having said that, an almost 10% increase is hard to defend since my Soc. Security check is going up 0%!!!!

dragon813gt
12-23-2015, 07:22 PM
They use USPS a lot.

I'm what you would call an Amazon power user. I've never had one package delivered by the USPS Monday thru Saturday. I always receive UPS tracking numbers. Every now and then it comes FedEx but that's it. Sunday delivery is a separate arrangement all together.

Seeker
12-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Well, maybe with the rate increase they will scan and let you actually track a package. Nahh, they won't.

Echd
12-23-2015, 08:17 PM
I'm what you would call an Amazon power user. I've never had one package delivered by the USPS Monday thru Saturday. I always receive UPS tracking numbers. Every now and then it comes FedEx but that's it. Sunday delivery is a separate arrangement all together.

I get packages from amazon via USPS very frequently. Had one come in today. Generally for smaller items. Very frequently from vendors on amazon as opposed to amazon itself, but I have seen both.

Many of them also ship with the UPS innovations or whatever the fedex equivalent is as well, where they hand it off to the USPS at the final leg.

bangerjim
12-23-2015, 09:04 PM
That "hand-off" buy UPS and FEDEX to USPS really scares me! I have had several valuable & important shipment trackable up to the point the USPS got involved. From there it was just a black hole. The items finally did show up! Later than we had hoped and planned for. In business, time IS money!

randyrat
12-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Merry Christmas and God Bless you all

I have my work cut out before Jan, I'll worry about it later.

Today is spending time with the family, seeing relatives I have not seen all year and eating until I bust. Enjoy

imashooter2
12-25-2015, 11:33 AM
Great. Now it's a sticky that will still be tacked in 2017. :veryconfu

dragon813gt
12-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Great. Now it's a sticky that will still be tacked in 2017. :veryconfu

LOL, I wouldn't worry to much. They do a good job of keeping them organized an up to date ;)

Ric-san
12-29-2015, 02:51 AM
That figures about the price increase...

hunterldh
12-29-2015, 04:25 PM
The cumulative effect of raising the rate and eliminating the commercial rate on Click-n-Ship will raise a small flat rate box from $5.25 to $6.80. That is 29.5%. Hunter

RustyReel
12-31-2015, 03:10 PM
The cumulative effect of raising the rate and eliminating the commercial rate on Click-n-Ship will raise a small flat rate box from $5.25 to $6.80. That is 29.5%. Hunter
Wow. That's quite an increase. At least the USPS is working today. UPS seems to have taken the day off.

georgerkahn
12-31-2015, 04:53 PM
hunterdlh -- I just copied/pasted info on FP site. My assumption is the percentage they listed is over-all: with some, increases might be slimmer, others greater. The "name of the game" is for them to increase their profits. I did zero computations -- just posting increases to give a heads up to the great persons who use this site to purvey their items.
BEST!
geo

shoot-n-lead
01-07-2016, 02:10 AM
Bangerjim is 100% correct. Very few businesses will use USPS. Those that do are forced to due to cheap *****(self censored). I used to bring over a lot of European VW parts by the container and then ship them all over the USA. There is no way I would trust the shipment of a $1k bumper to the USPS. Even a $20 interior piece was shipped UPS. USPS parcel service is for the casual shipper. I know some vendors here rely on them and I always question their decision. But it's not my decision so it's on them.

A $7 SFRB is not a deal unless the weight is high. Padded mailers.....buy them yourself and ship first class if you really want to save money. You'd be hard pressed to hit $7 in postage for an item that fits in the priority mailer. If their tracking was actually real time I would say it's a different story. But it's not, so it isn't.

It's hard for someone that isn't shipping tens of thousands of dollars of products to understand. Most people see the USPS cost and just expect to pay that. Look at a large operation like Amazon that spends Billions on shipping. They do not use the USPS. Pretty easy to understand why.

All of my Amazon products come by way of my mail carrier.

ak_milsurp
01-07-2016, 02:52 AM
Well I live in Alaska. USPS flat rate boxes are the least expensive mode of shipping to and from here..

All of you folks with shipping contracts with UPS and FED EX .... We always hear .. oh.. you live in Alaska... I'm sorry we'll have to charge you 2nd day air or express rates.

Those rates are at times as much or more than I paid for the item I wanted shipped!

Even though BOTH companies offer "ground" service to Alaska, you'll tell me sorry, or contract states 2nd day our express to AK. ARGHHHH!

When I ask if you'll ship USPS flare rate, I hear nope. They won't pick up from their location, or worse, "I don't have time for that ****"... A few enlightened sellers WILL if you ask politely, and explain the huge difference in shipping rates.

I had to order some proprietary office supplies lately , the cost was $91 fore the items, and $247 for UPS 2nd day air. Only way they'd ship. They refused to ship any other way. By USPS flat rate boves it might have cost $40!!! I had no choice because my company requires me to use the proprietary logo stamped items . I'm STILL livid about it!

ak_milsurp
01-07-2016, 02:54 AM
And I live in Anchorage, not out in the Bush!

typz2slo
01-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Is it just me or did the medium flat rate boxes get smaller?

dragon813gt
01-07-2016, 09:05 PM
There are different size boxes available.

typz2slo
01-07-2016, 10:42 PM
I picked up a medium box yesterday from the same bin at the post office and it looks smaller than the ones I used to ship out lead last summer. I didnt have any of the ones from then left to compare to.

dragon813gt
01-07-2016, 11:24 PM
The dimensions are written on the boxes. I don't know if they've gotten smaller. But the quality has really gone south over the past few years. They are thinner than ever.

Black Powder Bill
01-15-2016, 05:33 PM
I had a new box arrived this week it was priority and marked Zone A about a 1/3 rd smaller than the MFR. I still haven't gotten any info from my usps business site as to what to expect come Monday. Threw 5 priority boxes in the mail the last 2 days to beat the increase.

Baryngyl
01-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Is it just me or did the medium flat rate boxes get smaller?

The ones I have from 2 years back are:
ID: 11X8.5X5.5
OD: 11.25X8.75X6.0

They did have another size MFRB but I do not have one of those available to read the sizes off of it.

Michael Grace

Point-Man
01-19-2016, 11:29 PM
The ones I have from 2 years back are:
ID: 11X8.5X5.5
OD: 11.25X8.75X6.0

They did have another size MFRB but I do not have one of those available to read the sizes off of it.

Michael Grace

Picked up some MFRB`s today. They are the same size you stated. They do have another MFRB that is OD; 12X3.5X14.125 . Looks like it was made to ship books .

imashooter2
01-20-2016, 09:10 AM
Wow. The regional boxes went up a lot

The Regional Rate boxes are no longer available unless you have a commercial account. Kind of screwed up my last shipping quote.

Black Powder Bill
01-20-2016, 10:16 AM
I just ordered the A and B boxes. Over on Trapperman.com one of the guys wrote up a brief tutorial on what it means for us. I'll ask the author if I can share his notes.

imashooter2
01-20-2016, 11:25 AM
They no longer show up as options to select either in the postage calculator or click and ship. If there is a work around, I'd be very interested. If you can't copy, then a link to the original thread would be great! Thanks!

Black Powder Bill
01-20-2016, 01:20 PM
They no longer show up as options to select either in the postage calculator or click and ship. If there is a work around, I'd be very interested. If you can't copy, then a link to the original thread would be great! Thanks!

here try this link
http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5003532/Trap_Shed_Users_Tips_on_shippi#Post5003532

imashooter2
01-20-2016, 11:20 PM
Unfortunately, that looks like last years info. Regional rate boxes are no longer available for non commercial users. :(

mdenz3
01-27-2016, 01:16 PM
I have found away to still get discounts and use regional boxes.

goshippo.com (I have no affiliation and recieve no perks for this plug)

I've shipped a few things through there now, all without issue. They give the Commercial Plus pricing by reselling USPS shipping. The only charge to use the site is $0.05 per label, and no monthly fee.

The site is geared more towards automated services but you can manually create labels as well.

Small flat rate through them is $5.80.

Black Powder Bill
01-27-2016, 01:48 PM
PayPal usps shipping seems to be less as well. USPS hit me full rate for the sfrb $6.80. Go figure

Baryngyl
01-29-2016, 12:19 AM
I just paid/printed some SFRB labels through paypal and they were $6.10 each.

Michael Grace

RogerDat
02-01-2016, 12:29 PM
While individual results may vary with different shippers I do know that for most items I order or ship USPS does a good job at the better price. Both from Titan Reloading and another business I order from USPS is cheaper and get there in good time, I call into the one business to avoid the web site FedEx rate which is highway robbery compared to what the USPS shipping is on the same part.

Considering that USPS does more deliveries in a month than UPS does in a year, and more in a week than FedEx does in a year on has to acknowledge some level of successful business. They do it at a lower cost and with a significant profit. Which Congress snatches up and uses in a shell game to help "balance" the budget. How would you like to run your business with Congress as your board of directors! Any claim that the USPS is taxpayer supported is utterly false. It generates a significant profit on its business. I live in a fairly rural area and the UPS trucks dropping at the post office for "last mile" delivery is a common occurrence, why do you suppose that UPS does that? I think it is because USPS can do it profitably for lower cost than UPS could do it themselves.

65# of lead anyplace in the country for less than $15 is pretty darn cheap. I would probably charge you that much to haul it to the post office for you! I can't speak to price for shipping bulky items as much but from Titan the USPS is always the least expensive option even when the items have been larger than a MFRB in size. Tracking is sufficient to let me know when to expect it, or discover if it is delayed. Other than that I don't care if is on a conveyor in a sorting facility or a truck going East bound on I-70 past mile marker 453....

Silver Hand
02-13-2016, 04:27 PM
This has to do with the tremendous drop in fuel prices, expect everything fuel related to follow suite.
Silver Hand

Virginian
02-13-2016, 04:42 PM
I recently mailed a package USPS and I did notice the prices have gone up. With that said, I love using usps.com, they mail me free shipping boxes and envelopes. I can print my mailing labels on my home pc and just hand it to the mailman. Super easy to mail these days.

imashooter2
02-13-2016, 05:21 PM
This has to do with the tremendous drop in fuel prices, expect everything fuel related to follow suite.
Silver Hand

Huh? How does a tremendous drop in fuel prices equate to a 25% or more increase in postage costs?

RogerDat
02-15-2016, 12:59 PM
Current Price list - I had to look it up so figured I would share the link.
https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

Sam Casey
02-16-2016, 01:18 PM
Prices are up, but I can still send a 10# of plated shot across the country for under $7.

imashooter2
02-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Which sucks compared to sending it for $5.25. Still the best game in town, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Remmy4477
04-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Lately every time we mail a package it turns into a nightmare! Our local PO feels the need to measure every box and adjust cost to suit themselves.

And now every package or letter we send to either Texas or Oklahoma must be priority shipped, the excuse there using now is that they do not offer standard mail service to either state!

I once asked the clerk as to why the measuring, answer was so they could properly cube there trailers. I called BS! I told the clerk I have been in the freight business 30 + years and for the past 6 years have been picking up and delivering to the Denver Bulk mail facilities.
And that 85% of there trailers are either loaded loose and waist high or loaded with racks. There is no cube guideline that seems to be followed at the BMC.
I told her it was just a scam to screw the public out of an extra buck! Needless to say she was not happy about what I told her!!

And there staffing at the local PO is aweful, during the week there slow and have 4 checkers but on Saturday when there very busy and people are lined out the front door they have one checker, and that checker seems to be the dumbest and slowest person working there! It's aweful.

I now let the wife mail the packages and letters, she has a better tolerance for stupid people than I do!

frkelly74
04-02-2016, 12:12 PM
We can go to the big terminal in Cocoa, and stand in line, the medium sized office in Titusville, smaller line, or the small cozy personal hole in the wall office over at Sharps where the people recognize you and act in a friendly way and are helpful, but don't go between 1 and 2 pm because that is lunch time. Guess which one I pick. We can also mail from Christmas FL but that is a little crowded at certain times of the year. I realize that not everywhere you have choices of where to go. But we are lucky to be able to shop around a little.

BigMagShooter
04-10-2016, 08:13 PM
thanks for the info

Smoke4320
12-17-2016, 01:28 PM
I am also seeing a disturbing trend

we ship a lot of Priority Mail packages usually 4 to 8 a day.. lately they seem to be delaying the tracking at least 2 days and packages that were supposed to be 2 day delivery are taking 4 to 5 days to arrive

here is one example

December 17, 2016

06:56:00

In Transit to Destination

MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 55401

December 15, 2016

18:56:00

Departed USPS Facility

MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 55401

December 15, 2016

18:38:00

Arrived at USPS Facility

December 14, 2016

22:05:00

CHARLOTTE, NC, 28214

December 13, 2016

Departed USPS Origin Facility

CHARLOTTE, NC, 28214

December 13, 2016

21:32:00

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103

December 13, 2016

20:17:00

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103

December 13, 2016

17:03:00

Departed Post Office

MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103

December 13, 2016

16:34:00

Acceptance

Originally tracking did not even show for the first to days ... just registered as printed

shoot-n-lead
12-17-2016, 01:37 PM
I am also seeing a disturbing trend

we ship a lot of Priority Mail packages usually 4 to 8 a day.. lately they seem to be delaying the tracking at least 2 days and packages that were supposed to be 2 day delivery are taking 4 to 5 days to arrive

here is one example

December 17, 2016

06:56:00

MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 55401

December 15, 2016

18:56:00

Departed USPS Facility

MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 55401

December 15, 2016

18:38:00

Arrived at USPS Facility

December 14, 2016

CHARLOTTE, NC, 28214

December 13, 2016

Departed USPS Origin Facility

CHARLOTTE, NC, 28214

December 13, 2016

21:32:00

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103

December 13, 2016

20:17:00

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103

December 13, 2016

17:03:00

Departed Post Office

MARSHVILLE, NC, 28103

December 13, 2016

16:34:00

Acceptance

Originally tracking did not even show for the first to days ... just registered as printed

Use another shipper...

If this service is so bad, as some claim...take your business, elsewhere...you DO have options.

dragon813gt
12-17-2016, 01:44 PM
Their tracking is anything but real time. And their delivery times are always hit and miss. I've never had a priority package arrive in two days. They are always 3-5 days. This is what you get for the price. UPS delivers on time w/ real time tracking. But you pay more for it.

Smoke4320
12-17-2016, 01:46 PM
some of it may be the Christmas rush .. Just making folks aware of what is going on

jrdztech
12-17-2016, 03:38 PM
Almost a year later...

Got Brass

ascast
12-17-2016, 04:35 PM
I think the PO should drop back to 3 or even 2 day a week delivery. Do we really need junk mail every day?

dragon813gt
12-17-2016, 05:12 PM
While that will work for you it won't work for many others. I receive very little junk mail so those that do must be doing something wrong.

Geezer in NH
12-17-2016, 07:24 PM
Yep, all flat rate boxes/envelope up about 80¢ each.
WOW a whole $.80 Just Devastating

blackthorn
12-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Here if we tell the mailman/woman we do not want junk mail they put a sticker in our mailbox and---no more junk mail!! Have not had even one piece of junk mail in over 2 years!! Priceless.