PDA

View Full Version : GSSF free gun

Plate plinker
12-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Has anybody been awarded a free gun from GSSF? I have a certificate and they require a FFL for transfer naturally. Question does the FFL have to be a wet signature or would a photo copy suffice?

I am looking at a G21 by the way. [smilie=w:

mrvmax
12-20-2015, 11:18 AM
Photo copy is fine, very very few FFL's sign every copy they send out.

Der Gebirgsjager
12-20-2015, 11:23 AM
That is because the BATF has a website listing currently valid FFLs to check the photo copy against.

willie_pete
12-21-2015, 04:19 AM
Were you lucky or good? :)

wp

mrvmax
12-21-2015, 09:32 AM
That is because the BATF has a website listing currently valid FFLs to check the photo copy against.
No, that is because most normal FFL's do way too many transfers to be signing every copy of their FFL. I have run across one guy in the last 5 years that sends a signed copy. There is no way I would sign each one.

Der Gebirgsjager
12-21-2015, 03:02 PM
I probably didn't state the information very clearly. I'm not challenging your original statement. For clarification, as a dealer, how do you know that the photo copy FFL you are receiving for a transaction isn't spurious? That someone hasn't blanked out the FFL holder's name, address and signature and inserted false information, causing you to ship to someone unauthorized to receive a firearm? By checking the information against what's listed on the BATF website. Personally, I did sign each and every copy. Not very difficult to do a stack of them at one sitting and then add a date as needed.

AK Caster
12-21-2015, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=Der Gebirgsjager;3476991]I probably didn't state the information very clearly. I'm not challenging your original statement. For clarification, as a dealer, how do you know that the photo copy FFL you are receiving for a transaction isn't spurious? That someone hasn't blanked out the FFL holder's name, address and signature[/QUOTE

If the name and address where "blanked" out then what good would it be to anyone?
Any type of copied document can be altered and recopied. It seems you are overly paranoid about something.

Plate plinker
12-21-2015, 10:02 PM
Were you lucky or good? :)

wp
This time lucky next time good. My goal is to win two outright next year. Think I can do that as I am getting back to practicing a lot more.

Funny thing was I receive a gun and $50 plus my shooting partner WON a gun and $50. Also getting the Random gun is better, since it doesn't count against the 3 maturer guns you can win before being classified as professional.