PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Surprise

Kraschenbirn
12-19-2015, 06:30 PM
My loving wife never ceases to surprise me. Far back in time...like back in my high school and early college days...I played around at playing acoustic guitar; even sat in with a local bar band now and then. Gave it up, though, when I enlisted in the Army and, eventually, sold my old flat-top for grocery money while I was back in college.

Got up this morning and, after breakfast, found a like-new Fender 'Starcaster' leaning against the bookcase beside my computer desk. Now I hadn't even picked up a guitar in more than 40 years so I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Sat down, tried a couple of chords, and figured out, real quick, that I'll have to go back to square one but believe I'm gonna give it a go. Got a friend...a retired minister and ex-Army chaplain who picks a little banjo so, who knows, maybe we can keep each other going.

Bill

Hamish
12-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Why am I not surprised at the thoughtfulness of the gift,,,,,,,,

waynem34
12-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Man that's a nice surprise. I visit you tube a lot to learn songs and new chords. Lots of online help with lyrics and easy songs. Have fun. I love my Stratocaster. My mom and sisters gave it to me when I was 14 I am 44 now and would not trade it for anything. I'm not very good, but has kept me busy off and on for along time. Mine is red with white pick guard and maple neck.

4719dave
12-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Sounds like you have a keeper .

xs11jack
12-19-2015, 10:38 PM
The first song you learn to play should be a LOVE song! You definitely have a keeper.
Ole Jack

Ole Joe Clarke
12-19-2015, 10:54 PM
I have a couple of Martin acoustic guitars. I been playing and/or attempting to play for well over 50 years. I love good bluegrass, southern gospel, and western swing music. I'm also a Chet Atkins and Tommy Emanuel fan. There are many great guitar pickers out there and I've be privileged to jam with some of them.