PDA

View Full Version : BlueShot Review - with F1 Chrony

archmaker
12-19-2015, 06:28 PM
So I hate going to the range, take a shot, Try to read the numbers from my Chrony from the distance (getting old) and write it down and repeat.

Ran across an app for android called 'BlueShot' said it works with the Chrony so I thought I would give it a try. You can try the app as a demo, but not with the Chrony (will get to that later).

I can say that it works as advertised with a US F-1 Chrony.

After a few false errors (user related - follow instruction on website!) the thing worked well, have not taken it to the gun range but using an air pistol it worked fine for 5 shots.

5 Shots, Avg 382fps, SD 1.62, High and Low recorded and then the option to email it to myself, I used an android tablet, but see no reason why it won't work with a phone.

BTW the file that is emailed to yourself is a simple CSV file of each shot, nothing fancy.

The downside is that you have to buy their cable to make it work, I paid $70 US for the 5m (about 15feet) cable, the upside. You can now put something (at a safe angle) in front of your Chrony as you don't need to see the screen (unless you have errors, like low battery, they won't show up in the app.)

Overall I like the app simple to use, it records the shots for me, and I don't have to squint to read the display from the bench. I imagine all I will do is set the tablet up at an incline, shoot, look up from the stock, see the velocity and shoot again.

www.zbm2.com/blueshot

BTW it took almost two weeks for the cable to arrive, but some of that is Christmas, and it is coming from the UK.

archmaker
12-28-2015, 11:35 PM
Ok, actually used it this week. Worked fine with no issues, and figured out a way to 'email' the shot string to me, so that I was able to save the parameters of what I was shooting, I just changed the subject to the group name.

Just as fast as the chrony can handle you shooting the application records it. It only takes less than 20 seconds to send the email, and I did not have internet connection, I just hit send email and saved them as draft.

Copied the data over to spreadsheet days later, and I was able to focus on shooting and not on making sure I recorded what the chrony was showing.

44magLeo
01-10-2016, 04:10 PM
For just a bit more you could have bought a Chrony printer. It sets in the bench by you, easy to read as it prints out each shot.
Leo

LuckyDog
01-13-2016, 05:24 PM
Just to stir the pot.....

for a few dollars less, he has the data already on his computer at home when he gets there.

Sorry, I am a spreadsheet kinda guy. :kidding:

Ford SD
01-14-2016, 01:53 AM
My one Rant about the product is that they have only came out with Small improvement to the product

Never any upgrades to print or save

Usb Port ?? to transfer stuff to computer

Affordable Cable?

Up grade to operating system Dos

I made a 25 ft remote cable and use Binoculars to read numbers
Made a Stand to Hold a top sun screen white IPSC target
1/4" thick Plastic Screen protector (wads and gaschecks) Held on with a clothes peg

Walter Laich
01-14-2016, 09:59 AM
slightly? off subject:

reading Ford SD's reply and when I got to last word had to check on his location (figured he from either England or one of her remaining colonies

Idaho Sharpshooter
01-16-2016, 01:21 AM
I spoke with Ken Oehler just before Christmas. He is making another run of 35P chronographs.

Made In America (Texas).