PDA

View Full Version : Lost gloves

GOPHER SLAYER
12-19-2015, 05:22 PM
If anyone sees Murphy would you ask him why I only loose right handed gloves. I have a box of perfectly good gloves for my left hand but their mates have gone wandering.

fryboy
12-19-2015, 05:47 PM
i need to trade you about half and half :P

Smoke4320
12-19-2015, 05:52 PM
If you go to that out of the way hidden place where you were doing at thing you shouldn't have been doing with your right hand you will find that stack of right hand gloves:bigsmyl2:

quilbilly
12-19-2015, 06:53 PM
I think I have about eight orphan left hand gloves around here someplace. Got lucky this year when I found an expensive fingerless right hand glove while out hunting.

crowbuster
12-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Had a basset hound that would steal the top glove if you sat your gloves down where he could reach them. he's been gone 6 yrs and im still finding gloves or their remnants around here.

runfiverun
12-19-2015, 11:56 PM
I wear out the right hand gloves and end up with new left handed ones.
since they are cotton and I don't care I just turn them inside out and use them on the right hand.

GaryN
12-20-2015, 01:32 AM
They are probably in the same place where all the socks are that get lost in the wash.

facetious
12-20-2015, 04:54 AM
May be you could sell them to the left hand store for guys that wear out their left hand gloves.

tomme boy
12-20-2015, 05:31 AM
Funny! I have a big box of right handed gloves.

Taylor
12-20-2015, 07:25 AM
I found a right hand glove in area 22 on Ft,Campbell last week.

shooter2
12-20-2015, 08:29 AM
too bad they are not reversible so you could turn them inside out.

montana_charlie
12-20-2015, 12:57 PM
When we were little kids, my Dad got tired of replacing the gloves that my little brother always managed to lose.
Dad fixed the problem with a long piece of string.

Have you ever heard of 'idiot mittens'?

popper
12-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Dad fixed the problem with a long piece of string. It has to be loong to go thru both sleeves. Then they came out with clips that went onto the coat. If I could find my gloves I'd be happy, for either hand.
Now think of the rubber golashas (so old a word that spell check has no idea)with the metal 'hinky' snaps that froze shut. Had to let them thaw before you could put them in the closet at the back of the school room.

montana_charlie
12-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Now think of the rubber golashas (so old a word that spell check has no idea)with the metal 'hinky' snaps that froze shut. Had to let them thaw before you could put them in the closet at the back of the school room.
That reminds me of some of the school teachers I had, who would work to a frazzle getting two dozen of ignoramuses booted, gloved, and coated in time to get to the curb and board the schoolbus.

Having spent some of my years in Catholic schools, I bet some of our nuns came to understand their good fortune in not bearing children of their own.

blackthorn
12-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Where I grew up most kids wore a heavy felt sock/boot with a rubber sort of slip on shoe over top. I always wore high-lace horse hide moccasins. I did wear the slip-on rubber boots for working in the barn over the moccasins because the moisture from the barn floor caused the moccasins to slip on the snow when you went out of the barn.

fouronesix
12-20-2015, 06:53 PM
Use some string to tie mittens to sleeves.

skeettx
12-20-2015, 07:21 PM
Suspenders are the cinch of choice for mittens and gloves :)
Mike

Rattlesnake Charlie
12-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Looks like thar sum left-handers out there to trade with.
Maybe, by Christmas time, everyone would be happy.

GOPHER SLAYER
12-20-2015, 08:28 PM
I had to laugh at something my wife said to me today. She bought a pair of rubber gloves to wear when she does dishes. She opened to package only to find they were both left handed. The gloves are not reversible.

Geezer in NH
12-21-2015, 12:51 AM
They are probably in the same place where all the socks are that get lost in the wash.In our house the odd socks were explained by our Jack Russell, she has a foot fetish for the dirty ones left in her reach. When found they are chewed to destruction.

She is worth a few socks for the service she provides with varmints around the house and garden.

TXGunNut
12-21-2015, 01:07 AM
I can almost always find a pair of gloves somewhere in my truck. Can't recall the last time they matched but I quit worrying about that years ago, lol.

waksupi
12-21-2015, 02:37 AM
One has never truly experienced "missing" items, until you have a ferret you let free range in the house. I used to give mine free range in the downstairs. The ferrets have been gone for years, and I still find things hidden away when I move something.

472x1B/A
12-21-2015, 10:57 PM
True story here. This was when I was stationed at King Salmon Ak. the first time. The first time the site diesel truck came into the shop for repairs I decided to search for goodies under the drivers seat. You never know what you will find with 3 or 4 different drivers. Well after pulling out gloves for what seemed like hours, there was 37 right hand glove liners, 19 left hand liners, 12 right hand leather gloves, and 14 left hand leather gloves. I have to say we were set for the next year or so in our shop for gloves.

starmac
12-22-2015, 03:09 AM
I literally hate wearing gloves, but living in the Alaska interior, you do not get caught without gloves.
Last week the door on my log truck was not completly closed when I hit the highway, so I opened it and reshut it. When I got to town to unload, I only had the left hand glove. These are not cheap gloves, and I had managed to hang on to this pair for going on the third winter. I had to get my extra pair out, as soon as I unloaded headed down to get a new pair before they closed.
Today, when I finished securing my load, I took care of business and headed out3 miles of rough log road, I always stop when I get to the pavement and clean my tail lights and check everything, NO NEW GLOVES. I remembered laying them on the drom and to my suprise they were still there, filled with snow, but there. lol

bear67
12-22-2015, 05:34 PM
Like Starmac, I don't like to wear gloves although I keep a couple of pair in all the trucks and tractor tool boxes--heck I never wore gloves loading small square hay bales by hand and stacking in the barn. My big difugality is with welding gloves. I have welded since I was 12 and long ago and far away place taught welding on the college level. But I only weld with a left hand glove on--unless pipe welding and passing off the electrode holder from hand to hand. I usually have a stack of half dozen or so right hand gloves in the shop, mostly new. All my shop visiting friends and children/grandchildren now just help themselves to the stack. I am too old to change and still MIG, stick, TIG or use oxy/act torch with only the left hand glove. Sometimes with short handled bullet molds, I "may" wear the right glove. Hard to teach us old dogs new tricks.