PDA

View Full Version : Axis Savage Bolt Baffle Problem

brstevns
12-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Converting a Savage Axis 30-06 to a 6mmx45. Changed the bolt head and replaced the baffle with one for use with the 223. however the baffle appears to be a little wider then the bolt head, not allowing one to replace the bolt back into the received. The baffle is black and appears to be plastic or aluminum . Is this a part that nears to be hand fitted or did I just get a bad one? Do not want to file on it til I know? :veryconfu

nekshot
12-17-2015, 08:19 AM
I am trying to understand. Some diagrams have a front and rear baffle but these are metal. I assume you are referring to the front baffle and that must fit from factory or something is wrong from my point of view. I had a few issues getting 3 dif bolt heads to work on my 111 but the little hassle is worth it. Did this part come with the new bolt head? One time I had to grind some of the stem off a bolt head so the cross pin would go thru but that was simple.

brstevns
12-17-2015, 11:35 AM
A member on the Savage Shooter site told me that there might be a fin on the new front baffle. If so I need to file this away as the Axis rifle uses a baffle without it. I believe this is my problem as there is a fin on the baffle I have.

nekshot
12-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Yes I know exactly what you are talking abou nowt. Also be sure you have it on the right way(it only has 2 ways) because I vaguely remember it only fitting into receiver a certain way.