PDA

View Full Version : CPA Stevens - great service - great people!

Chill Wills
12-16-2015, 05:22 PM
I thought I would pass along some "good stuff".

One of the CPA rifles I have dates from 2009. It's a six year old. Just a youngster....

I have shot it a fair amount with it's 22rf barrel on. I really don't how many shots have been fired through it because as you know, with 22-RF you can really shoot a lot and forget just as fast that you put 200 rounds through it in one easy sitting.
Anyway, the speed hammer broke and my shooting came to a fast halt. I came home, opened up the action- saw what was wrong and called CPA. No answer so I left a message. Within the hour Gail called back and a new replacement hammer will be sent - NO Charge! I offered to pay for it and the shipping. She would not go for it. In no way did they owe me anything! (try that with a 6 year old car!)

They back their rifles with great service!

Give CPA a try if you are thinking about a classy singleshot rifle.

BTW - CPA rifles have been used to win (in one year or another) ALL the NRA BPCR Mid-range and Silhouette championships as well as Schuetzen matches. They are very capable rifles.

Michael Rix

Tatume
12-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Hi Michael,

I second your emotion! They are the greatest people to deal with. I've been thinking of having Gail and Paul fit mine with a 44 Rem Mag barrel. They will think it unconventional, especially when I specify the length (short), but they'll do a top notch job on it. Out of a safe full of rifles, the CPA (45-70 Govt. & 348 Winchester) is easily my favorite.

Take care, Tom

Gunlaker
12-16-2015, 09:15 PM
Gail is definitely a good person to deal with. As far as customer service goes I don't think they can be beat. I've just started to work with my second CPA.

Chris.

Chev. William
12-19-2015, 12:58 PM
I also vote A Big Thank You to CPA Rifles for some Parts they found for my Stevens 44, NOT a CPA '44-1/2, that I was able to fit and get the Action ready to be 'reviewed by my Local gunsmith' before firing it again, including a Forearm wood blank to be fitted to my barrel that is a reasonably close match to the Butt Stock I have, grain pattern wise.

Extremely Knowledgeable and Helpful people.

Best Regards,
Chev. William

4060MAY
12-19-2015, 02:46 PM
I shot the BPCR Nationals in 1998, Paul was there displaying an engraved 44 1/2...Cleaning the gun after all day shooting, I lost the firing pin spring...Paul didn't have any spares with him so he took the one out of his display rifle for me, so i could finish the match...what a guy
He also is a very good shooter...look at the scores from New York Schuetzen matches on the ASSRA web site

wch
12-19-2015, 03:51 PM
CPA is a class outfit.