PDA

View Full Version : ch 333 press

kokomokid
12-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Can anyone tell me what the extra hole on the ear sticking out of the CH 333 press casting was used for? Has anyone adapted it for use?

VHoward
12-12-2015, 09:40 PM
If nobody here can answer that, maybe the guy at www.ch4d.com can. My guess would be for a priming assembly.

Le Loup Solitaire
12-12-2015, 09:51 PM
I have seen 333's set up with a powder measure in the extra ear on the side. It always seemed to be a C&H type powder measure. I never had one of those but with some tinkering maybe an RCBS little dandy could also work. LLS

kokomokid
12-13-2015, 11:53 AM
OK, just found one on ebay set up for a shotgun and the blank ear looks to have something like a crimp starter in it.

W.R.Buchanan
12-14-2015, 11:19 PM
The castings for that press and the 909 shotshell press were the same. It has no use in the 333 press. The later 444 press eliminated that boss from the casting.

Randy

kokomokid
12-15-2015, 10:21 AM
Thanks Randy. That answers that question. Maybe put in a light duty operation there such as a case bell or simular.

W.R.Buchanan
12-17-2015, 05:43 PM
KOKO: the press will FL size rifle cartridges,,, it just takes a lot of effort as the Mechanical Advantage in the linkage is low. However you can resize on a Rockchucker, prime the cases and then load them on the C&H which is what I do. You set up the left station with a Powder Drop Die, the center station with the Bullet Seater and the right station with the Crimper.

That way you start with a primed case in the left station and complete the cartridge moving it to the left. No way to double charge or screw up.

They are excellent tools and I wouldn't be without mine.

Randy