PDA

View Full Version : first deer with a boolit in va first with pistol too!

csatrustburg
12-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Its been a long year! Was in a accident back in march almost lost my left arm they said my fingers were touching my elbow cut tendons to three fingers broke one bone in three places shattered the other bone about three inches worth cracked skull ear to ear three surgeries later last one oct27 couldn't walk for about week pulled bone out my hip for second bone graph still cant hold a rifle! Well started casting this year with lots of help from members here for 44mag in a 629 and redhawk got both shooting great 432-265 in redhawk and a 250 Kt in 629 FelixLube and a dose of 110 equals a dead buck at thirty yards went in at last rib exit out the top of shoulder never moved! Pistol hunting who would have thought thanks guys you to 44man!

rking22
12-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Congratulations, that's outstanding! Sounds like you had a rough year, glad you can get on with putting it behind you. PICS, we like pics :)

petroid
12-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Great job. Hope you make a full recovery

csatrustburg
12-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys full recovery is just getting in the woods I will try to post some pictures later!

Thumbcocker
12-12-2015, 08:50 PM
Congratulations. Your grit is inspiring. Take your time healing and don't push things.

TXGunNut
12-12-2015, 11:46 PM
Good Job! Sounds like casting boolits, shooting and hunting are good therapy for you. Best wishes for a continued recovery.

Jayhawkhuntclub
12-12-2015, 11:59 PM
You sound like a fighter! Congrats on surviving and on a nice accomplishment of a deer with a handgun. Now let's see some pics.

white eagle
12-13-2015, 07:13 AM
excellent glad you got a deer
yeah ol 44man had some good tips and advice
for sure
sorry to hear about your accident
lots of determination got you out I hope your recovery goes well

44man
12-13-2015, 11:32 AM
Thanks fellas. I ruined my left shoulder and can't hold up a rifle or heavy bow any more. I know about injuries and can't imagine what CSA went through. But I see true grit. I am proud of him.
I see he is fairly new and hope he loves all of you like I do.

DougGuy
12-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Hell yeah keep on gettin' up man, it will all be behind you. I had cancer in my throat 2yrs ago and I'm doing good now but to be honest I really don't remember the worst part of it and it was bad. I looked like a holocaust victim from the late great hate.

Enjoy your hard earned kills!

44man
12-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Hell yeah keep on gettin' up man, it will all be behind you. I had cancer in my throat 2yrs ago and I'm doing good now but to be honest I really don't remember the worst part of it and it was bad. I looked like a holocaust victim from the late great hate.

Enjoy your hard earned kills!
I did not know that so you get more respect from me my friend.
Remember Jay Gibson? He was booted but had issues with health for his son Andy. I found him a real good man. Sadly he passed in his sleep with a heart attack. Can all give a prayer?

LAH
12-13-2015, 06:06 PM
It's been said: Where there is a will, there is a way. You did good. [smilie=w:

csatrustburg
12-13-2015, 08:00 PM
I wish I had found this site years ago there is a wealth of knowledge and great folks here! Thanks guys for all the kind comments and prayers and all the help! I have told all my friends about this site maybe they too can find it useful.

44man
12-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Something is wrong, tried to post and was told I did something wrong and to sign in again. I was signed in. I never sign out.

cigarman454
12-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Congratulations on your first of many with a handgun and a cast bullet. Glad you doing better hope you make a full recovery.