PDA

View Full Version : Services??

SSGOldfart
12-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Is there a section for services offered? I need a good gunsmith and a custom gun builder,:shock::shock:with experience making muzzleloaders.
I'm looking for a very nice muzzleloading 32 caliber squirrel rifle.something my grandkids would be proud to own and shoot.

Houndog
12-12-2015, 05:38 PM
If you want the absolute very best try Russell Large in Candler NC! He builds the muzzle loaders for the US olympic teams. Be prepared to wait awhile and expensive, but they don't get any better. If that's not what you had in mind try Dixie Gun Works in Union City TN. They are all about muzzle loaders and carry some REAL nice rifles. By your post I'm assuming you are probably wanting a heirloom quality rifle. Either one of these can deliver.

bedbugbilly
12-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Lots of good custom makers out there. Pull up the NMLRA site and see what information they have. Do a google on custom muzzleloading rifle builders. Check the American Longrifle Society site as well. You might also keep your eyes open and check the gun listings on Track of the Wolf once in a while. They have had some nice custom rifles in 32 once in a while. Or give them a call and see if they could recommend someone - they deal with a lot of custom rifle builders. Dig and look around . . .they are out there and if you contact one and they can't do what you need, they can probably recommend someone who can.

I got acquainted with a number of them over the years when at the Nationals at Friendship. Unfortunately, many of them have passed on. Some of the nicest "plain" style southern rifles I ever saw were some Bean copies made by Myron Carlson. His speciality was hand forging steel furniture for Beans, southern rifles, etc. I bought several sets of hand forged furniture from him for a couple of my builds. I always spent a couple of hours visiting with him at his booth and he'd show me his "latest" projects. One time, he had just completed a 1/2 scale Bean and it was fantastic. Myron passed from cancer a number of years ago . . . a loss of not only a fine gentleman but a whole lot of knowledge as well. Don't know how old or big your grandkids are but a nice slender Bean or similar southern rifle in 32 would be a keepsake forever. Good luck in your search!

shooter93
12-13-2015, 07:06 PM
You need to look no farther than our own Waksupi aka Rick here at the site. He builds guns as well as anyone in the country with a specialty I'd say in muzzleloaders. He does exceptional work and from the prices I've seen from him he is more than reasonable. Contact him.

webfoot10
12-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Try Ed Parry in Eastford CT. Does nice work and is reasonable. (EDPARRY@BLACKHARTLONGARMS.com