PDA

View Full Version : Bang I see you

Johnch
12-10-2015, 02:45 AM
I have not been doing much the last month or 2 because of almost constant Headackes and Migraines
But on Thur afternoon of Ohio's deer gun season , I felt ...well no migraine at least
So I took some of the low power headacke pills and headed out to my ground blind , about 600 yards behind my house
I had the BFR 45/70 with me with Powder coated 400 Gr cast out of almost pure nose and WW base

Sitting in the ground blind was warm and I had to keep looking in all directions ....as I had placed the ground blind where 4 paths we use to haul firewood and logs out joined

I passed on 2 yearlings a little before 4 PM
A little later I figured enough ....another darn headacke was starting ...so I said the next deer gets shot

Well it was not 30 seconds when I saw a nice doe sneaking out of the cut corn field headed my way
Only problem was she was in thick brush ...but headed for one of the shooting lanes I had cut months back

Long story short , she turned and headed right at me
At about 25 yards she stopped with just her head out of the brush and started looking around

Well I put the red dot where the head and neck join and pulled the trigger
Not sure if the bullet had a chance to expand , but it sure did the job

Tracking was not needed , as she fell into her tracks
I called my brother to bring a ATV out to haul her in
And when he got there I had her gutted
I called in the deer and sat down for a min
When I got a call ...asking how much meat I wanted in a package
As my brother also had a deer , so he processed both
So before I even got a chance to take pictures , I had a knock at the back door
With my brother dropping off my deer meat

I need to have him cut up my deer from now on as he dose a darn good job

Oh well , 1 less deer in the woods

John

Smoke4320
12-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Great story. Sometimes you just have to push thru no matter the pain.
My hunting success this year has proven that to me.
Can't shoot in the bed
Congrads

white eagle
12-10-2015, 08:09 AM
John
excellent sure hope your health troubles subside
and you regain your former self
I am becoming a great acquaintance of pain to so I know
what you say
glad you got out and connected nice to have help
be well

missionary5155
12-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Greetings and Congratulations John.
Thank you for getting out and thinning the corn cruncher family. Not much like being outside and enjoying the day and getting to drop the hammer on a BFR.
Mike in Peru

tdoyka
12-10-2015, 02:10 PM
congrats!!!

Hickok
12-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Great story John. I hope the migraines cease. They will sure put you in total isolation (no sound, no light, no contact) until they go away.

Cornbread
12-10-2015, 09:02 PM
Well done!

I got my "B" tag(Antlerless whitetail) filled this year with the 45-70 BFR as well. I used a 50/50 405grn bullet going 1250fps and hit it in the chest at 50 yards with a Burris 4x as my sight. Very effective I felt. I would not hesitate at all to go elk hunting with the 45-70 BFR, it packs a punch.

leeggen
12-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Good show John, nothing like a deer kill to make one feel better for a few minutes anyway.
CD