PDA

View Full Version : Forearm Barrel Band Swivel

Uncle Grinch
12-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Anybody know where to pick up a barrel band swivel for my 336T? I found a used one on flea bay for $33 plus shipping. Is this the going price?

nekshot
12-08-2015, 09:38 AM
gunparts did have the ones for the front wood(forearm) so they should have for the barrel also.

Hardcast416taylor
12-08-2015, 09:40 AM
That sounds kinda high for just 1 swivel. Check out the selection Brownell`s has in their catalog. Besides, you`ll need the correct diameter swivel for where you will be installing it.Robert

pietro
12-08-2015, 02:04 PM

Most aftermarket swivels for your Marlin circle/clamp the magazine tube, and not the barrel.

There are 2 different types: a one-piece circular band that slips on from the muzzle end; and/or a two-piece clamp type.

Both are available with non-removeable sling loops, but the handier QD stud & detachable swivel loops are the item of choice for most gun owners.

Google any of the vendors (Brownell's, MidwayUSA, Cabella's, etc, etc) or makers (like Uncle Mike), and use the site's search function to find something that will fit your needs.

A set (front/rear) of QD studs & detachable loops should be around $20 (+/-) at most any well-stocked gunshop.

Uncle Grinch
12-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Here is what I am looking for....

Midway is sold out and Numrich has one with a fixed loop.

GabbyM
12-08-2015, 05:35 PM
550-000-669WB
Band, Rear 550000669Band, Rear
Mfr Part: F406585

Brownells has that one in stainless steel. they our out of blue ones. thirty dollars.

Gtek
12-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Pry off the loop and confirm ID for QD swivel. Have found small step in hole center, correct drill through and away you go.

pietro
12-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Here is what I am looking for....

Midway is sold out and Numrich has one with a fixed loop.

I suggest that you use the EASY button, and buy a QD stud with machine screw threads ILO woodscrew threads; D&T your existing barrel band for the machine screw; then install it in the barrel band while it's still off the rifle.

The extra length of the machine screw stud can be cut/ground off flush to the barrel band's inner surface, a little solder or epoxy onto the threads, and you'll be done with it.

Any non-QD sling loop is easily cut off it's base & the hole reamed/drilled out, to convert it into a QD stud.