PDA

View Full Version : Good couple weeks on eBay

Wayne Smith
12-08-2015, 08:49 AM
In the last couple weeks I have won, for well under my total bid:

Bair reloading scale in the original box

Set of Lyman 41 Colt 310 dies including priming die and bullet sizing die

Hollywood 8mm shell holder - I have a Sr. This will fit; 7x57, .308, 30-06, 8mm06, and 9.3x57, and I load for all of them.

historicfirearms
12-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Good scores Wayne. Last week I had a bid in on a used set of RCBS 45 colt cowboy dies. They wound up going for the same price I could order a new set through Midway. Today I have a bid in on a 35 rem Contender barrel and keeping my fingers crossed...

EDG
12-08-2015, 04:45 PM
I think right now many ebayers are thinking about Christmas spending so they are not bidding so much on ebay.

I know I have missed my share of good deals because I have been to lazy to follow up and bid.

W.R.Buchanan
12-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Guys My wife is selling so much stuff on Ebay it is a full time job for her just packaging the stuff up. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the pricing and stuff is going for a lot more than it's worth to me. Obviously it is worth more to those buyers.

I can't believe my eyes sometimes.

No accounting for taste!

Randy

Green Frog
12-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Christmas time on flea-Bay can be very strange... it seems that some really neat stuff goes unnoticed and cheap, while other stuff that we would think of as pretty common seems to attract a lot of attention and accompanying high prices. There seems to be no detectable rhyme or reason. The only strategy I have found for my own use is to continue watching my usual bookmarked searches closely and be ready to jump. Meanwhile, Merry Christmas to all!

Froggie

earplug
12-18-2015, 03:59 PM
I have seen
Saeco 4 cavity molds with handles being sold for less the $100. Its a buyers market.

Mike Kerr
12-18-2015, 05:17 PM
I agree with Green Frog, some items go cheap, some sell for as high a price as any other time during the year. Happy Holidays I guess.

10x
12-25-2015, 10:03 AM
I refuse to bid on Ebay until the last few seconds of an auction.
I will decide the price that I want to pay (shipping included in that price) - then watch the auction in the last 5 minutes. If the bid price is more than my set limit price (more than I am willing to pay) I quit watching.
if the bid price is under what I am willing to pay, I will bid my set price in the last 5 to 7 seconds of the auction.
I do not use the maximum bid option as some folks see that as a challenge.
Bidding on an item on an ebay auction simply serves to drive up the price. If there is a reserve bid on the item and you your maximum is under that, then you have saved money by not getting the item. If your bid is highest, you get what you want at a price that is worth it to you.

Wayne Smith
12-25-2015, 09:13 PM
10x - I think we have a similar philosophy, but I decide what my maximum bid is, put that in, and then forget the auction. If I get it so much the better, if not I have lost nothing.

10x
12-26-2015, 10:40 AM
10x - I think we have a similar philosophy, but I decide what my maximum bid is, put that in, and then forget the auction. If I get it so much the better, if not I have lost nothing.

I don't put that maximum bid in until the last 5-7 seconds if I really want the item.

Wayne Smith
12-26-2015, 09:19 PM
With very few exceptions I don't bid on things I 'really want'. With any auction that is a way to spend more money than you want. If I am going to follow it I won't bid unless it is a very unusual item. Mostly what I want will come around again and again. I just picked up an Echo press that ran out without a bid and was reposted so I bid the minimum and got it.

Pressman
12-27-2015, 06:06 AM
Wayne I am glad you got that one. I was thinking hard about getting it as it seems, from the picture, to have some of the swaging parts. At least it has the tie bar and I could not make out what was on the end of the ram. Keep us informed.

Ken

Wayne Smith
12-27-2015, 08:23 AM
Ken, if it is something special you want for a collection let me know. I am currently planning on using it for a give-away to someone I teach to reload. Yes, I'm planning to call Dave if I need a ram with a universal end.

When I get it I can post some more specific pics.

Wayne Smith
12-30-2015, 09:50 PM
I started a thread down in Reloading Equipment about this press. It is an Echo swage press with half a swage die in it.

krems
01-07-2016, 09:32 AM
I've never had much luck bidding on eBay.....I've been amazed on the prices that some things bring. I'd rather be a seller rather than a buyer on eBay. Nice score on the press.