PDA

View Full Version : Remington 300 ultramag

flyer1
12-07-2015, 11:33 PM
How do I pull the bullet? My RCBS kinetic hammer is to small. That is the only way I have ever pulled a bullet. I only have 30 to do. I don't even shoot this round. I want to save the bullet and primer. Maybe I will trade off the brass if there is an interest. Thanks folks.

Flyer1

jeff423
12-08-2015, 04:04 AM
Google "Collet" bullet puller. Might be cheaper to get rid of the brass.

Bayou52
12-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Put the round in your press shellholder, and use the press to pull the projectile.........

Vann
12-09-2015, 08:46 AM
I've always used my RCBS collet bullet puller on my 7mmRUM. I ran into the same problem with a kinetic puller. You could possibly ream out the cavity in your puller a bit if it's like mine you would only have to remove a little bit which should not hurt it.

That brass is hard to come by, you shouldn't have a hard time getting rid of it.

Mk42gunner
12-10-2015, 02:21 AM
Put the round in your press shellholder, and use the press to pull the projectile.........

Bayou52 has the easiest answer. You can grip the bullet with various plier type tools until you find what works best for your situation.

Side cutters or end nippers work well, I usually don't even mark jacketed projectiles when they come loose. I have also thought about using one of the cheap sets of wire stripping pliers, gripping the .30 cal bullet with the spark plug wire crimping slot.

Robert

petroid
12-10-2015, 09:40 AM
May i suggest using a bullet seating die to slightly seat the bullet deeper before trying to pull. This will overcome any factory applied crimp on the bullet and make it easier to pull as now its only neck tension holding it in place. It will also lessen the chance of marking the bullet if using collet puller or pliers.

flyer1
12-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Get ideas thanks guys

1bluehorse
12-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Those collets do come in diffferent sizes. Course that doesn't help you right now. However as mentioned above, use the shell holder for that caliber in the kinetic puller.

Vann
12-10-2015, 12:54 PM
If he is having the same problem that I had, it's not the shell holder that is the problem. The problem is that the case is to big to fit into the body of the bullet puller.

flyer1
12-12-2015, 09:08 PM
I got them pulled. I was able to open the hammer just enough to make it work. Thanks for the ideas.