PDA

View Full Version : NJ2AS UNDERCOVER Investigation Exposes Corruption and Discrimination

John Boy
12-07-2015, 01:15 PM
CAUGHT ON TAPE - NJ2AS EXCLUSIVE: Undercover video shows blatant and open discrimination in processing firearm's applications at Orange Police Department in NJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JkLxDvjY5Gs

The full length video. And this is not an isolated example. NJ State Statute says

The Permit to Purchase or FID shall be granted to a qualified applicant within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application for residents and 45 days for nonresident applicants.

In NJ, ones Firearm ID Card address must agree to the address on their drivers license. I moved and applied for a new FID (change of address) plus two 'P2P' (2 permits to purchase 2 handguns) in the municipality where I now live. Initial application made in June 2012 and finally received my new FID in March 2013 = 10 months later

And this is the process NJ residents have to go through to purchase firearms in NJ ...
Purchasing a Firearm in New Jersey & Obtaining a Firearm ID Card
http://www.nj2as.com/NJFID

bedbugbilly
12-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Everybody ought to watch this video . . . it's eye opening for sure.

My personal opinion . . . that fellow ought to be fired. Not only is he prejudiced . . he is in a position he shouldn't be in where he has any power over anybody. It would be nice if incidents such as this were pursued and a fat lawsuit filed against him and the government entity he represents all the way up to the Chief. From what I'm seeing . . the NJ law allows a law abiding citizen of the specified age to legally purchase a weapon if they follow the NJ law and apply in the correct manner . . . yet the video clearly illustrates discrimination against citizens who are physically handicapped, of the wrong gender and I'm sure many other "classifications" in the personal opinion of the person sitting behind the desk.

And all of this from the state where the governor has talked about "too much government" while he is participating in the debates. Well that certainly speaks well of him and his state . . .

bob208
12-07-2015, 02:47 PM
and you still live there ??? I would not live in any state that makes me beg for my 2A right.

Dutchninja
12-07-2015, 03:00 PM
+1 for everyone to watch this video. That "cops" opinion whether you should be "allowed" to have a gun. unreal.

MaryB
12-08-2015, 02:47 AM
Some cops in MN have been stalling permits to purchase way past the 7 days given by statute. We are trying to put teeth in the law to punish them if they fail to process it on time. Start with a $100 fine, then $500 for a second offense, and loss of their license to be a law officer in MN for the third!

Handloader109
12-08-2015, 08:15 AM
It is not just firearms purchases. Even in a state such as Arkansas, there are intentional delays. It takes 6 months to get a CCP here. No matter when you apply. Yeah, they are somewhat at the federal system mercy for the background check, but to be delayed within just a few days of 6 months is ridiculous.

Tackleberry41
12-08-2015, 09:34 AM
I doubt its some backlog at the fed level as some might claim. TN uses the exact same fed system as everybody else does and it took a little less than 30 days from filing to get my concealed carry card in the mail. No idea about Arkansas, but I know some states and localities are incredibly inefficient at doing anything. I had bought some land in KY, nobody had ever lived there so needed an address. Pretty simple actually, the person from the county drives there, stops at the end of the driveway, pushes a button on the GPS and assigns an address. Only it took several months, it was always an excuse as to why it had not been done. Finally took a threat to go higher up the chain to get them to do their job, it was just pure laziness. One could only imagine if that person had been in charge of concealed permits how long it would take.

I know there are plenty of people in charge of things who simply do not want to work. I got used to it dealing with the veterans administration. I hadn't gone in a very long time, then discovered you needed a card to go. Okay so I called, they said would send the paperwork, after a while, nothing, called again, yeap we will send it. Just never did, cuts down on their work, they don't have to put anything in the mail or process it when it comes in. Finally called and got a new person, you can always tell their new, their helpful. The system hasn't ground them down yet. She told me the trick was to walk in and they would do it on the spot. The woman at the VA wanted to know who told me that, basically they needed chewed out for making the woman work. Told her to go screw herself and do the paperwork, took maybe 3 minutes. It was more effort to avoid the work than the actual work.

The cop in that video may be trying to avoid the paperwork so uses his authority to run everybody off. Sure sounded like alot of it to me, its his job, but hes a cop so nobody is going to come along and tell him to do his job. Paperwork is tedious and cuts into his screw off time. But again, all the effort he puts into not doing the paperwork, its probably easier to do the paperwork.

ozarkhillbilly49
12-08-2015, 11:07 AM
handloader109 i live in nwa to.got my carry card in 4 weeks. but that has been a few years ago.

bob208
12-08-2015, 12:24 PM
the county I live in I went to the court house to get my license to carry. walked in the deputy at the door asked if I had any weapons handed him my pocket knife walked through the metal detector. then was told take the elevator to the 3rd. floor go back the hall 2 doors on left. that was their room for the license to carry. the lady took my paper work took my picture and my $20 for a 5 year license. I left got a letter in mail 1 week later come pick up your license with in the next 30 days.

yes I got my knife back when I left the building.

abunaitoo
12-09-2015, 02:28 AM
Glad I don't live in NJ.
It's just as bad here.
We're listed as a may issue state, but no CCW has been issued for as long as anyone can remember.
My sister who lives in Tennessee got her CCW. She doesn't even own a firearm.
Why can't they disarm all patrol LE. They will be put into the same situation as the rest of us.
If they fear for their livers, they can call 911.