PDA

View Full Version : Tax Day

45 2.1
04-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Also, Larry Gibson is 61 today. Give him a shout.

leftiye
04-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Is that like a call? Then the other guy said "what should I call him?" Younter, I guess.

mike in co
04-15-2008, 10:55 PM
well i bought some brass on the buy sell page and told the seller i would get the funds in the mail today....a USPS MO......I COULD NOT EVEN PARK IN THE LOT!.....but i did tell him i would....so parked next door and got in line with all those late tax filers( i filed last friday....lol)..........

...93 your mo is in the mail

mike in co

NVcurmudgeon
04-16-2008, 12:54 AM
I filed today for two reasons. One is if you owe, don't pay early, and the other is that our taxes got a lot more complicated this year and it took until yesterday for the tax man to figure it up. Our tax man files electronically for us, so all I had to to is fill out a check, enclose a voucher, and hand it to the tax man's receptionist. Heh, heh, beat the system.

Buckshot
04-16-2008, 02:46 AM
................Each year at income tax time I don't understand why there isn't a revolution? Maybe because middle class people have become educated to the fact that it's kind of a 'Savings Account' , and you'll (maybe) get some money back? Plus all the stores have Income Tax Refund Sales?

You pay in $20,000 and then you get to pay uncle an additional $289 on April 15TH. Sheesh, gimme a freaking break! Why not just call it even and let it go?

Didn't we shuck a government over this crap some time back?

.................Buckshot

EDK
04-16-2008, 02:57 AM
I lowered my deduction to "married--1" when I replaced the 15 MPG truck with a 30 MPG car two years ago....that plus the difference on the gas bill made my car payment. Last year got back $1600 state and federal; this year it's $340 from the state AND I OWED THE FEDS $1200 because the wife didn't have much withholding on most of her income! There went my boolit mould money for awhile! Either political party is going to get your money...and let the ultra rich have all kinds of tax breaks!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

fatnhappy
04-16-2008, 04:09 AM
If there was any accountability, the election would be held tomorrow.

NVcurmudgeon
04-16-2008, 11:56 AM
................Each year at income tax time I don't understand why there isn't a revolution? Maybe because middle class people have become educated to the fact that it's kind of a 'Savings Account' , and you'll (maybe) get some money back? Plus all the stores have Income Tax Refund Sales?

You pay in $20,000 and then you get to pay uncle an additional $289 on April 15TH. Sheesh, gimme a freaking break! Why not just call it even and let it go?

Didn't we shuck a government over this crap some time back?

.................Buckshot

One of the saddest aspects of withholding is that a majority of taxpayers think that the Feds are giving them something if they get a refund. If all taxpayers had to send in their estimated tax quarterly as businessmen do, the Sons of Liberty would be marching. I think I can do a better job of managing my money than the big spenders of both parties can, at least I can get a pittance of interest from my bank.

mike in co
04-16-2008, 02:31 PM
you do understand the slavery was banned some time ago.....having said that why do you think your employer does not complain about being a tax collector for the irs ?
cause they collect taxes from employees every week/2 weeks/monthly, but only pay those taxes every quarter.........ever wonder how much money your employer makes on YOUR TAX MONEY every year ?.....no it does not sit in some dormant account.....
at the local level a very small percentage is paid to businesses to collect sales taxes.

how many people think that paying unsocial in security tax, are funding a retirement account ?
its a tax.....maybe we will get some back.

mike in co

BABore
04-16-2008, 02:54 PM
you do understand the slavery was banned some time ago.....having said that why do you think your employer does not complain about being a tax collector for the irs ?
cause they collect taxes from employees every week/2 weeks/monthly, but only pay those taxes every quarter.........ever wonder how much money your employer makes on YOUR TAX MONEY every year ?.....no it does not sit in some dormant account.....
at the local level a very small percentage is paid to businesses to collect sales taxes.

how many people think that paying unsocial in security tax, are funding a retirement account ?
its a tax.....maybe we will get some back.

mike in co

As a small business owner with only six employee's, I can offically say that, that is a load of crap. We have to send in payments both weekly and monthly. Any money sitting in a bank account at the end of our tax year is nailed at a 40% rate. Whether the money is spoken for or not. The bigger the business/company, the more often you have to pay employee taxes. You really think the Goverment, out of the goodness of its heart, would leave you make money on something they believe is theirs.

Marlin Junky
04-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Only half or slightly less than half of Americans end up paying taxes after government refunds, so about 50% of us are riding in the wagon and the rest of us are pulling the wagon.

We are on an easy payment plan of 4 installments at 15K each and that's just to the IRS, not the state. Can you guess who we're voting for this November? If you're thinking about voting for a "D" word candidate, consider the other half of Americans that are pulling the wagon and what might happen if we come up lame... so to speak. [smilie=1:

MJ