PDA

View Full Version : Casting as we speak....

redneckdan
10-14-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm outside right now heating up the pot to break in my new lee TC 230gr. mold. Of course midway forgot to throw in the lead dipper I ordered so I made a dipper of sorts from some 4130 CrMo tube that I hade laying around, hopefully it works.

redneckdan
10-14-2005, 05:15 PM
i casted 25 of them. No break in nessisary for the mold. First to last they all measured .4541; cast with range lead. Man I love this mold, its freakin awesome! No hang ups, fast heat up, balanced just right. All the neibhors ar givin me weird looks, you'd think they'd never seen a guy sittin on his front porsh, castin bullets...then again they from china, pakistan, indian, etc....

Buckshot
10-16-2005, 07:47 AM
i casted 25 of them. No break in nessisary for the mold. First to last they all measured .4541; cast with range lead. Man I love this mold, its freakin awesome! No hang ups, fast heat up, balanced just right. All the neibhors ar givin me weird looks, you'd think they'd never seen a guy sittin on his front porsh, castin bullets...then again they from china, pakistan, indian, etc....

HA! Ain't it great?

.............Buckshot

keeper89
10-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Just broke in one of those 45 tc molds a couple of weeks ago--now I've got three cigar boxes full of beuutiful sized and lubed boolits ready for my next 45 session--would have done more but had a 357 tc mold to break in also--got five cigar boxes full waiting on the 3k load of 38 casings I'm processing--think that'll keep me shooting the wheelguns for a couple of weeks, anyway!! Got to love it, just breaks my heart to have to actually BUY boolits!!!

redneckdan
10-16-2005, 05:55 PM
i went with the tumble lube model. My mold drops them at .454, when loaded they chamber fine. I just throw about 150 of them in a gallon zip lock bag, shoot a jag of lee alox in on top of them, and close the bag. For strength, I put the zip lock bag inside a canvas shot bag. I shake em up for about 3 minutes and I'm done. spread em out on aluminum foil and let them dry over night. They shoot great.