PDA

View Full Version : Remedies for older age: For Arthritis, Diabetes and Neuropathy, etc.

Blackwater
12-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Don't have much time here but thought I'd relate a product that's been helping me and a couple of friends for a while now with our arthritis and diabetic nerve pain & neuropathy. It's called, believe it or not, "Two Old Goats." One friend turned me onto it for arthritis, and it's really done him some good with his. I tried it, and it seems to help the neuropathy in my hands, which is mild at this point but aggrevating nevertheless. I'd always had a keen sense of touch, and did all I could to enhance what I had, but now that so much of it is gone, this stuff seems to make a significant difference. I turned a buddy onto it, and he's much further along in the diabetic down slide than I am.

For 20+ years, he used his insulin to eat just like he wanted to, which included heaping helpings and seconds of grits, potatoes, and french fries and the like. He's paying a heavy price now for that decision, and is in pretty rough shape. He still plays in a pretty good country band, though, and this stuff seems to help him keep his fingers flexible, which is pretty important now that he's as far down the diabetic slide as he is now. He's made some VERY drastic changes in his diet simply because he's HAD to now if he wants to live, and keep his feet so he can keep hunting and fishing and playing his guitars. But this stuff has helped him keep doing the things he values, including a lot of country gunsmithing for himself and many friends.

So with this kind of consistent results, I thought I'd pass the info along in hopes it might help someone here. With all the advertisers hawking all manner of things for these conditions, it's hard to know what to even try, and none of us have the time or money to try them all, so I thought I'd contribute this in hopes it might help someone here.

All 3 of us get ours at a little country store here that's pretty sharp about carrying stuff that its customers have tried and recommended to them, and they carry it as a line item, and will as long as folks keep buying it. It seems to be pretty popular here, which is always a good sign for things like this.

The bottle gives contact info as phone number 866-324-3787 and website at: www.twooldgoats.com

Listed active ingredients are lavender, cahamomile, rosemary, eucalyptus, peppermint and birch bark in amts. of .01-.05%, so it seems to be a homeopathic type thing, I'm thinking? Listed as inactive ingredients is water, glycerin, goat's milk, glycol monostearate, acylamide copolymer, and some other hard to read stuff that I don't know what they are.

Just thought with many of us hitting older age, that someone might benefit from this. Also, if any of you have found something that really works well for any of the infirmities of older age, let's here 'em here. There's so much out there being hawked, and so much of it is mostly advertising and salesmanship that it's hard to know what to try for the various ailments that affect us, so please, let's use this thread to exchange info on what has worked and for what ailment for you. This kind of info is rare, but it's helpful when we can find it, and I trust everybody here to give good info on things like this. The more we can collect our experience and findings in dealing with our infirmities, the better we should be able to deal with them, and that ain't no small thing these days for many of us. We may be far from out of the game yet, but it's always good to do "better" rather than just letting things degrade slowly toward "worse." So let's hear what's working for you on these tired old worn out bodies of ours that are showing some high mileage these days. The field is wide open here, and not just limited to arthritis, etc., but any malady you can contribute here. Together, maybe we can launch a more massive assault on what ails each of us.

bstone5
12-03-2015, 03:15 PM
"Two Old Goats."

I use it on my feet and I buy it at the ACE Hardware Store here in Houston.

Seems to work good in keeping the skin in good condition with my Type II diabetes.

MT Gianni
12-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Are you using the essential lotion or the Balm? Rubbing directly into affected areas? Thanks.