PDA

View Full Version : Record NICS number

wv109323
12-02-2015, 10:59 PM
I don't know if you saw this but this Black Friday was a record day for NICS background checks. There were 185K or about 2 per second. This BF was 5% over 2014 Black Friday.
BHO is quite a gun salesman.

Bad Water Bill
12-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Yes they do NICS checks BUT is there any followup on the convicted criminals trying to purchase guns and why not?

At one time I read where there were 197,000 failures and only 18 convictions.

slide
12-03-2015, 11:34 AM
I was in my local gun shop Friday and I counted 12 people buying guns. It was around noon and the salesman said they had broken the record for selling guns in a one day period. I talked to one lady that was in a wheelchair. She had bought a Ruger 9mm and had signed up for classes. She said she lived by herself and with all the things going on in the world she decided she needed a gun. Where I live is not a big town.

wv109323
12-03-2015, 06:23 PM
The Hillary mentioned in one of the debates that NICS had prevented 2 million purchases by people that did not pass the NICS background check.
In my community they did arrest and prosecute a man that lied on the 4473 form. He lied that he was not addicted to narcotics but was using illegal prescription meds.
I don't know how they caught him, I don't think he had any arrests for narcotics but he is in local politics.

trapper9260
12-03-2015, 10:11 PM
There is one thing they left out on all of this .Those that have CCW at lease in my state can walk into a gun store and just buy it, fill out the papers and walk out the door with out the background check with they show there CCW or there permit to buy and that is it.No calls other wise with those 2 things to show.So there was more sales then they really can say.

Doggonekid
12-07-2015, 11:31 PM
In Utah if you have a CFP you still have to fill out the 4473 and it is called in. The BCI does not run a background check they just check if your permit is valid. The feds do have people who check on failed background checks. I saw one in my store asking a bunch of questions about a denied 4473. I think the big problem is there are very few people doing this job. They are probably back logged about 27 years.