PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Seen a Knight KP1 Yet?

Boomer Mikey
04-14-2008, 09:10 PM
The new Knight KP1 looks interesting... anyone out there have one yet?

I believe they are a little pricey but they're based upon the original Wufferin rifle and with the switch barrel design could be practical. Anyway, I like the idea; a single frame will work with shotgun, rimfire, centerfire, and BP barrels like the Encore. I like the Encore but I consider it a hand cannon as their rifle configuration doesn't appeal to me.

.50-caliber muzzleloader; .223 Rem., .243, .270 Win., .30-06, .300 Win. Mag., .45-70, .17 HMR, .22 LR

http://www.shootingtimes.com/longgun_reviews/st_kp1_200712/index.html

http://www.knightrifles.com/PressRoom/Releases/Knight-Rifles-KP1.htm (3.42MB PDF Brochure)

Boomer :Fire:

Nrut
04-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Boomer....
I haven't seen these rifles yet but to my eye they are better looking than the H&R/NEF and it look's like from what I can see that the spare barrels don't have to be factory fitted...As far as the price goes I can't complain about that either, as a stainless/composite rifle cost under $500.00 and spare stainless barrels cost just over $200.00 at www.rrarms.com ...heck they look way better than the Encores and cheaper to boot...

Must admit I find the KP-1 hammer to be over engineered and ugly...
Have you seen any write ups on how they shoot?
If they shoot good and if they will sell without the BP barrel I'll be buying one myself...Would like to see them offer barrels in .358, 9.3, .375, and some 40 cal.

leftiye
04-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Yeh, and who ever wanted a hand cannon anyway! I like the rifles better. Been there, done that.

selmerfan
04-18-2008, 03:29 PM
I wanted a hand cannon! I'm offended leftiye! I will admit, the KP1 rifle looks more conventional and sleeker than the Encore rifle, but the custom options for the Encore can't be beat. That and the .25" groups that my 6PPC 26" barrel lays down at 100 yds. and within 4 minutes I can run a 1" group out of the same gun, converted to pistol, in .357 Maximum. When I run out of ammo with that I can switch to my .22BR 12" MGM Shilen barrel and have lots of fun with that as well. Pure practicality, probably the Knight, fun factor, has to go to the Encore!
Selmerfan

leftiye
04-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Cool (offended, what for?). I've got one a them. I like it with a buttstock attached better than as a pistol though is all I said. I'll admit that as pistols they're just as accurate, but my experience is that I can hit running targets (bambis) with a scoped rifle, and probly not with a scoped pistol (maybe sitting rabbits at 100 yds though). I reload to make hunting loads mainly, and am not a competitive shooter, paper mutilator, or rock (and tin can, nor TV set) cruncher.

Nrut
04-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Cool (offended, what for?). I've got one a them. I like it with a buttstock attached better than as a pistol though is all I said. I'll admit that as pistols they're just as accurate, but my experience is that I can hit running targets (bambis) with a scoped rifle, and probly not with a scoped pistol (maybe sitting rabbits at 100 yds though). I reload to make hunting loads mainly, and am not a competitive shooter, paper mutilator, or rock (and tin can, nor TV set) cruncher.

Leftiye...if you don't shoot rocks, cans or TV's, what do you do for fun? :wink:...eh?

Selmerfan..your Encore 6PPC shots better than my Sako 6PPC does...what are you using for powder and bullets?..thx

Redleg99
03-14-2009, 01:02 PM
I wanted an Encore until the KP1 came out – now I think I want a KP1.
The good looks definitely drew me in, and I suspect quality is comparable.

The one thing the Encore definitely has over the KP1 is the plethora of barrels, both factory and aftermarket, available for it.

While the KP1 may never compare to the Encore in that category, I would like to at least see some shops offering KP1 barrels on a semi-custom basis before I plunk down my money.