PDA

View Full Version : Attention all LEO'S

Russell James
04-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Sorry for being so quiet lately in the chatroom fellas but Ive just had a few months of night shifts at work at the prison.
Which one night chatting with my shift Sgt got us to thinking about an old but very good training video we got once from the States called "Coping[Training?] with edged weapons" by calibre Press.
No one here still has a copy and our trainer says that it was to "scarey" [can u believe it!]
If any of you fellas have or know where we can get or source a copy we down here would be real thankfull and we promise not to get "scared".
Russell James

mooman76
04-14-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure if we have it or not but I will check!

Wicky
04-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Russell, is this the one showing knife attacks and the time it takes to respond with a sidearm? I think they ran timed tests and you needed 21 feet to have time to respond even though you would probably still be stabbed!
If it is I was talking to a federal copper yesterday and am trying to source a copy myself. If I get a source I will let you know.

Russell James
04-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Yep thats the video Wicky! Best one Ive ever seen, thanks for trying.
Russell James.

mwohlenhaus
04-15-2008, 01:00 AM
21 ft, the guy pulls the knife, and gets 2 lethal cuts on him before officer can pull firearm. that is scary stuff, I don't remember where I have seen that, maybe just a clip of the video.

Russell James
04-15-2008, 02:30 AM
Yep thats it, old but still voted one of the best training videos ever!

Bret4207
04-15-2008, 07:32 AM
I remember it. Good one. No need to worry though. I was told after a trial that a juror thought I should be able to disarm a sword wielding bad guy without using spray or a gun. After all, they do it on TV all the time!:roll:

eka
04-15-2008, 08:46 AM
I remember it. Good one. No need to worry though. I was told after a trial that a juror thought I should be able to disarm a sword wielding bad guy without using spray or a gun. After all, they do it on TV all the time!:roll:

You mean you haven't watched the empty hand tactics samurai disarming video? It's the one that came out right after catching bullets with your teeth. :-D

I'll swing by the police academy today and see if they still have it.

Keith

Ricochet
04-15-2008, 09:48 AM
I watched that video last summer from a link off The Sight's newsletter. It was scary, all right!