PDA

View Full Version : Win 88 is fun

44man
12-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Friend brought one to lighten the trigger on. I never had one apart and as I removed pins, parts fell all over the floor.
I did manage to find a great trigger spring replacement in my spring box but putting it together was no fun. I had to make 3 pins to hold it together so I could get the long pins in.
It feels a lot better now. I polished the sear surfaces so it is smooth.
Next problem is the scope ring is against the turret and is too far forward. It needs a longer rear base. I don't know what I can do.

Kestrel4k
12-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Taking one of those apart, you have more courage than I. :neutral:

I am interested in your scope positioning issue, what bases are you using?
The reason I am asking is that the Weaver one-piece base on mine is reversible, which has the result of putting the scope either slightly forward or slightly back. The way mine is currently set up, my scope is slightly too far to the rear so I think there is some leeway that could get you in a better position.
I can dig up the number of the Weaver base if that would help any?

I have a number of pics of the scope currently mounted on my M88, they are not currently hosted but I could e-mail them to you if looking at them would help.

44man
12-01-2015, 03:41 PM
It is a friends gun. he has a two piece Weaver base with a Hawk 3 to 12 scope on it.
Maybe a one piece will work.

nekshot
12-01-2015, 03:51 PM
those are simply down right nice guns for deer hunting! Thanks for the warning about taking it apart.

TXGunNut
12-01-2015, 11:59 PM
May want to think about a low-powered long eye relief scope like the Leupold 1.25-5 (?). I think I remember some Weaver style rings that offset to the rear but can't recall last time I saw one or where.

44man
12-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Off set rings will work, have to see if I have any. I have them for Loopy or Burris but no help for Weaver bases.
Notice a lot of scopes do not fit guns anymore.

Kestrel4k
12-02-2015, 02:52 PM
It is a friends gun. he has a two piece Weaver base with a Hawk 3 to 12 scope on it.
Maybe a one piece will work.
I checked on my scoped Win M88 last night. I would recommend the (reversible) Weaver # 53 one-piece base, that should bias the scope either slightly forward or slightly rearward, depending on your friends' needs.