PDA

View Full Version : Waiting For The Storm

LaPoint
11-29-2015, 06:55 PM
The forecast is for 6-9 inches of snow beginning tomorrow morning. We haven't had any measurable snow yet this season so this will be the test. I spent the day cleaning up the yard and checking out the tractor. It's fueled and ready. Now it's wait and see..... I think MaryB in SW MN is in line for even more snow from this system?

bedbugbilly
11-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Please . . . when it comes . . . keep it there! LOL We had 10" dumped on us a week ago when the front went through. It's gone now but it's turned cold again. Normally, we'd be in AZ by now, enjoying warm weather and sunshine. All that we've had so far just goes to remind me why I hate winter so much the older I get!

Good luck with the snow if you get it . . at least you are ready for it and stay warm!

jonp
11-29-2015, 08:13 PM
We went on a PGR Mission today to lay to rest a recovered Korean War Soldier MIA for 65yrs. Beautiful day about 70 and sunny. Took a nice motorcycle ride afterwards. Yes, no snow in the forcast and I am rubbing it in.

bayjoe
11-29-2015, 09:56 PM
We got 13 inches of snow on the ground and 19 balmy degrees here in southern Colorado Rockies.

bangerjim
11-29-2015, 10:05 PM
Got 6" of sunshine here in Phoenix today!

HA.....ha!

banger

dragon813gt
11-29-2015, 10:11 PM
I want nothing to do w/ snow this winter. I know it will be here eventually. But if I don't have to shovel I will be very happy. I thought it was bad enough today at about 40 degrees and a brisk breeze.

Ole Joe Clarke
11-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Still 67° here after 9 pm. Supposed to rain tomorrow or Tuesday. Thank God, no snow.

MaryB
11-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Last track has me in the bullseye for 7-9 inches of white stuff. But that can change! Everything here is buttoned down and ready! I have 5 days worth of corn inside for the corn stove for heat, truck is in the new garage...

Freightman
11-29-2015, 11:49 PM
snow is better than the 1" of ICE on everything

dragon813gt
11-29-2015, 11:55 PM
snow is better than the 1" of ICE on everything

I agree w/ this. It only takes a tenth of an inch of ice to bring everything to a complete stop. An inch destroys everything. I've seen pics from Oklahoma and it doesn't look pretty, the damage that is.

FISH4BUGS
11-30-2015, 07:38 AM
Here in New Hampshire you had better enjoy (or at least tolerate) winter. We had a total of 5 FEET of snow last winter. We are ready for another winter just as bad.
The snow blower was fired up and adjusted. 8 cords of seasoned wood stacked and covered on the ground. Generator fired up and tested. 50 gallons of backup gas. 2 freezers full of food. Casting shed ready for snowy days and manic casting and reloading sessions. Snowshoes are ready. House is buttoned up.
BRING IT ON!
Just remember - there is no such thing as bad weather - it is just under dressed people.

rush1886
11-30-2015, 08:35 AM
We had mebbe 2" of snow on Thanksgiving day. Light, dry, fluffy, snow. The wind blew 20-25 mph for about 30hrs straight, during the snowfall. 1' to 2' drifts everywhere.

Since the day before Thanksgiving, lows have been 1` to 5`, with daytime highs just shy of 20`. And NOAA says same, same, till mebbe Thursday of this week.

My sympathies to all of you. I'm beginning to understand the allure of AZ.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-30-2015, 11:10 AM
I'm lookin forward to this snow storm, the last snow map I seen for my county was 3" to 9"
So I'm thinkin they have no clue.
the plow is on the ATV and the little snow thrower has fresh gas/oil and I aired up the 30 yr old leaky tires til the chains were tight :shock:

FISH4BUGS
11-30-2015, 11:31 AM
My sympathies to all of you. I'm beginning to understand the allure of AZ.
I don't know about that. Talk to me in July when it is 115 degrees outside.

dragonrider
11-30-2015, 11:33 AM
No snow in our future for at least 7 days, beyond that don't know yet. We are prepared after last winter we got ready a little earlier this year. Gas for the snowblowers, diesel for the tractor, the tph snowblower is mounted on the tractor all greased up and ready.

Geezer in NH
11-30-2015, 07:17 PM
From the White Mountains of NH, snow is fun! We burn average in 12 months 430 gallons of oil for heat and hot water. Turn the dial no carry , cut , split and smell.

A 6 inch storm is no different than an 18 inch storm still have to clear it and takes the same time but the rocks on the trails cover better and make smoother fun.

We can dress for below zero weather but hard to undress for 100 plus degrees in my book.

Snow shoe hares are fun all winter IMHO.

bangerjim
11-30-2015, 07:24 PM
Darn..........more sunshine! But if it makes y'all feel any better, my temp recorder registered 35°F last nite! Darned cold for us desert rats this time of the year.

And the downstairs furnace came on for the 1st time this season.

banger

quack1
11-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Mild weather continues here, high in the low 50's today and upper 50's with rain tomorrow. You'd never think tomorrow is Dec. 1.
Was duck hunting this morning, nice sunrise.
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll300/1quack1/Copy%201%20of%202015%20middle%20bay.jpg

Wis. Tom
11-30-2015, 10:17 PM
I am sure glad the rain we are getting tonight, isn't snow, as it would really be adding up. Haven't decided if working through mud or snow, is worse though. Deer hunting was an adventure just getting everyone where they had to be, first 13" of snow on opening night, and then rain all day Thanksgiving.

MaryB
11-30-2015, 11:47 PM
Storm track shifted like I was expecting, only 2-3 inches here. I can handle that but it is wet sloppy stuff.

jonp
12-02-2015, 05:07 AM
From the White Mountains of NH, snow is fun! We burn average in 12 months 430 gallons of oil for heat and hot water. Turn the dial no carry , cut , split and smell.

A 6 inch storm is no different than an 18 inch storm still have to clear it and takes the same time but the rocks on the trails cover better and make smoother fun.

We can dress for below zero weather but hard to undress for 100 plus degrees in my book.

Snow shoe hares are fun all winter IMHO.

Kicking up rabbits all winter with a pair of snowshoes out of brush piles sure got you out of the house. I've been lucky enough to live both in Northern Vermont and Phoenix, AZ. I left Vermont for work, I left AZ because of the heat

abunaitoo
12-02-2015, 05:26 AM
What is snow????
Never seen it here.
Is that the white stuff that falls from the sky????
Never seen that here either.
:bigsmyl2: