PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get straight, unformed .223 rem brass?

rufracer
04-14-2008, 09:17 AM
This is for a project that I have involving CBs so I think this is the place to ask.

Cheap is good too.

felix
04-14-2008, 09:59 AM
From any of the manufacturers. The brass could be taken off the assembly line right before the necking phase. Of course you would have to trim to length. The ringer of course, is your cheap requirements. That can be done with once fired brass and just have a special "M" die made to open up the case to full lenth, straight sided. That would be my approach, cheap or not because I could get the quantity of brass I really wanted instead of a 55 gallon drum full. Call Starline or Federal, and see what they say. Remington and Winchester will prolly demand that you purchase a full 55 gallon drum as a minimum instead of a handfull. ... felix

"Give to caesar what is caesar's, and give to God what is God's." Yep, today is the day!!!!!!!!!!

Scrounger
04-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Felix, there's a place a mile or so from where I live that makes/sells brass and ammunition, Silver State Armory (http://www.ssarmory.com/). I have been through their plant and it's about half the size of the local WalMart. Their production is more on the Custom level than mass production. They draw their own brass. Two of their better known customers are David Tubbs and the Barrett Rifle Company who get their .416 Barrett and big .50 brass from Silver State. Seems they might be more receptive to a smaller order than the big boys would be.

felix
04-14-2008, 01:28 PM
That makes sense, Art! Thanks for the heads up. ... felix

only1asterisk
04-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Try RVO:

http://www.rvow.com/Fired%20cases.htm

If they are still in stock, they have what you want.

David

trooperdan
04-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Not sure if RVO is still alive; I understand the honcho died and the spouse is trying to make a go of it but I haven't had any reply to my email orders last month.

badgeredd
04-14-2008, 08:02 PM
rufracer,
I assume you are working on a wildcat. Would 300 Whisper brass work? I know it is shorter but...

Also you may be able to neck up 7 TCU if you anneal it well.

rufracer
04-14-2008, 09:27 PM
No, 300 whisper brass wont work, but good idea though.