PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 795

AK Caster
11-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Was in Gander Mountain today and noticed a sign indicating Marlin 795's were on sale for $109. Its not like me to buy a gun without researching it but at that price couldn't resist. Trigger has a lot of travel but isn't to heavy. Seems to be nice and light and points good.
Are these good rifles? Am hoping with a 4X scope and ammo it likes it will shoot 1.5 inches or better at 50 yards.

waltherboy4040
11-28-2015, 10:58 PM
Sorry I don't have any experience with the new remlins, but I will tell you about my marlin version.
Gun is very accurate with cci at 25y and 50y. Never had a problem with the rifle so far and the mags are reasonably priced. A cheap trigger mod is replacing the return spring with a floppy disk spring, takes off about a pound. Should have no problem getting that group off a bench and they are great squirrel guns. Hope ya enjoy your new rifle!

30calflash
12-07-2015, 02:39 PM
I do not own one but I've seen a few being used at Appleseed and they shoot and function very well. The only thing I saw on one copy was it would not allow the mags to drop easily for a mag change. With decent ammo it should do better than the 1.5" at 50 yds.

For the price I'd say "it's a buy it now".

12-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Ours shoots fliers with every kind of ammo. It's been aggravating. My mdl60 and my son's savage rascal will outshoot it.

AK Caster
12-14-2015, 10:14 AM
Thought I would update this thread. So far have run a couple of boxes of inexpensive ammo through it. No jams, FTF, or misfires. Have not scoped it and might not because it is so compact and light. Well worth the price :)

straightwall
12-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Sorry I don't have any experience with the new remlins, but I will tell you about my marlin version.
Gun is very accurate with cci at 25y and 50y. Never had a problem with the rifle so far and the mags are reasonably priced. A cheap trigger mod is replacing the return spring with a floppy disk spring, takes off about a pound. Should have no problem getting that group off a bench and they are great squirrel guns. Hope ya enjoy your new rifle!

Which floppy disk, the 3.5"? I might just do that if I come across one of these for $110.

ZmanWakeForest
01-29-2016, 01:08 AM
I bought the last 4 of these from a shop that was closing years ago....$80 each out the door. I love mine and it shoots great with no feed problems. My boy has put a TON of ammo down the pipe of his and it still work flawlessly.