PDA

View Full Version : 11mm French 1873

bouncer50
11-28-2015, 05:12 PM
What a well built wheel gun all the parts are serial number to the gun. A double action in 1873 they were ahead of the gun making world the French on hand guns. I been making 11MM from cut down 44-40 brass the easy part you have to trim down the rim to fit the cylinder not hard to do on a drill press. It uses a heal base bullets i just took a lee 45 caliber lead bullets and used my Lyman bullet sizer in 44 caliber and size the bottom half of the bullet 44 caliber and left the top half 45 caliber. Problem solve on heal bullet i still trying to figure out how to crimp the bullet down:veryconfu I just got done making ammo for my 41 swiss next project my 1889 swiss rifle making ammo. From wall hanger to shooter I just have a love for old guns to bring them back to life.:bigsmyl2:

rintinglen
11-29-2015, 02:49 AM
I've not done it myself, but a shooting buddy of mine used a stab-crimp on some 44 Webley rounds he made from cut down 44 Special brass. He modified a pair of slip jaw cheapie HF pliers to stab crimp his brass. I see no reason you couldn't do the same.

Kilroy08
11-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Maybe a Lee Collet crimp die for .44 magnum?? You might have to get the base shaved down some so it's short enough to work with the 11mm cartridge.