PDA

View Full Version : Time Between Lubing & Reloading...

BCB
11-28-2015, 09:06 AM
How long do you wait to load boolits that have been sized and lubed with a stick lube?...

I would think that once the lube on the boolit reached room temperature it would be the same as it was in stick-form and could be loaded?...

Just sized a few to try a new stick lube and I would like to load them later this morning…

Thanks…BCB

Beagle333
11-28-2015, 09:29 AM
I'll run a batch through the heated Star and then immediately change to the press to start loading. I actually prefer to load them right away rather than store them, so they don't get sticky all over the noses while getting shuffled around in a storage container. I think the stick lube is back to room temp in only a couple of minutes after being squished into the grooves. :cool:

Tailhunter
11-28-2015, 09:44 AM
You can load them right after or store them in a closed container and load them whenever.

blikseme300
11-28-2015, 09:56 AM
In my experience soft lubed CB's don't store well so I will lube/size just before I load. I place them in lines on the bench so there is no touching that can disturb the lube. Slower than using hard lube but I have had better results this way with some of my loads.

country gent
11-28-2015, 08:10 PM
Bullets with the softer lubes ( possibly higher oils or liquid contents) when stored in cardboard boxes with out a liner tend to seem thicker stored for a period of time. I brought home a bunch of 2 piece hard cardboard boxes that had bolts nuts and washers in them from work these were roughly 33X3"x3" and 6" x3"x3" a very nice size for pistol bullets and bigger rifle bullets. I stacked 50/50 nra lubed bullets in them for storage under the benches. after a few months lube seemed thicker harder and drier. Method of storage affects them also. even when still warm from a heated sizer the lube shouldnt be any diffrent. But handling the lubes while softer you need to be more carefull.