PDA

View Full Version : Old CH 12g shot shell press

mikeORB
11-28-2015, 01:50 AM
I am getting ready to refurbish my father in-law's old CH shot shell press. I can't figure out what model it is nor have I been able to find any information online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VHoward
11-28-2015, 01:17 PM
http://www.ch4d.com/
The guy here would be able to help you. He might even still have select parts left. Call him up and talk to him, he is very helpful.

beeser
11-28-2015, 03:51 PM
That would be a CH Model #907 Shellmaster. They're well made. I have two of them. Parts are no longer available from the current CH company and are difficult to find. Good luck on your restoration. It should prove to be a worthwhile project.

mikeORB
11-28-2015, 08:49 PM
This one looks bad but works well. The only parts I would really need are new shot/powder tubes and caps. The rest of the press can be cleaned up and painted. Your press looks really good. I might need a few close ups of yours to get the color and finish right beeser.

W.R.Buchanan
11-29-2015, 04:41 AM
Mike the kicker on that press is the Wad Guide, be very gentle with it. If it is broken C&H might still have a few left over in a box in the back.

All the rest of that press is simply a shine up and go affair. Use either steel wool or a fine wire wheel to remove the rust.

Take Care on the powder bar as it is Chrome plated and you need to be gentle with it. Chrome cleaner works well.

I had one and traded it to Seagiant.

Randy

beeser
11-29-2015, 08:49 AM
Mike the kicker on that press is the Wad Guide, be very gentle with it. If it is broken C&H might still have a few left over in a box in the back...

Very true on the wad guide except save yourself the call to Dave at C&H, he sold all of the remaining parts he had for this press.

mikeORB
11-29-2015, 09:28 PM
I know what your saying about both parts. The wad guide is actually in pretty good shape. I could get it replated but I can't trust it to be lost or broken. The charge bar is pretty clean and doesn't have any slop so it will be pretty easy clean up.