PDA

View Full Version : New Hoch Moulds

WBG
11-27-2015, 05:46 PM
I just received my new Nose Pour Hoch Moulds in .577, 700 grain. The are very well made and designed: excellent machining, three guide pins instead of two, handles are a bit larger diameter which is very nice and the jaws are heavy cast instead of bent flat bar.

The bullet design is exactly what I wanted. It not just a modification of a similar configuration. The meplat and ogive is ideal, imo, for close range on buffalo. Meplat is .448, or 76% of bullet diameter.

Before calling Dave at Hoch Moulds I was trying to get Tom at Accurate Moulds to make me this mould, but he wanted me to get his 660B mould instead. I have two moulds from Tom already and am very happy with them, but his 660B was not what I wanted.

I am sure glad that I gave Hoch a whirl at suppying this mould. It's perfect. Brian

quasi
12-05-2015, 11:37 PM
I am surprised Tom would not make you what you wanted.

jmort
12-05-2015, 11:42 PM
This makes no sense. But since I was not involved, I will only say, he has made me anything I wanted within his design parameters.

TomAM
12-06-2015, 01:14 AM
The fact is, I drew #58-660B specifically for the OP, to the dimensions that he requested.
He responded that he "did not care for" the design, but said nothing about how it should be changed.

I have no idea how the OP got the impression that I was trying to press him into buying something other than what he wanted, but it's no big deal. Dave makes a fine mold.

jmort
12-06-2015, 01:23 AM
Tom is the perfect gentleman. Me, not so much. Will leave it at, the O/P should be ignored as it relates to Accurate.

WBG
12-06-2015, 02:36 AM
Hi Tom, I went back over my emails. It was probably just a communication thing. Probably my fault there. I saw it a little differently than you.
No hard feelings from my side. I sure like the two molds that I got from you.
Cheers, Brian

WBG
12-06-2015, 03:03 AM
Quasi, Going back over my emails, it looks to me like it was more of a communication problem than anything else. As I said, I sure like the two molds that got from Tom, Brian

WBG
12-06-2015, 03:28 AM
jmort, Good idea. Brian

white eagle
12-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Tom will not make a nose pour mold,at least he didn't
at any rate Hoch molds are some of the best there are
nose pour are supposed to be more accurate,in theory anyway
no sprue cut at the base is the claim
I am sure you will be happy with it.I have one for my 45/70
Tom also makes excellent molds so no matter where you got it you are gtg

krems
12-31-2015, 10:27 PM
Hoch molds are really nice. I have a number of their nose pour molds. As much as i like them i still prefer base pour molds. Mine are made out of Meehanite. (cast iron?)..I've made a number of molds for myself and making a nose pour mold looks tricky. My favorite Hoch molds are his adjustable Paper Patch ones